Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking about a home business?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

The very first thing you would want to ask yourself BEFORE starting a home based business is: 'what is my purpose for looking at something like this?'

By defining your purpose, you will know why you're in that position in the first place and therefore will know the path to take to get where you want to be.

It is funny how most of the time people don't even know deep down their REAL purpose. This obviously results in a blind short journey online looking for something  when they don't even know why they're after it in the first place! As a result, most people give up on their dream, before they even start.

Take time with this. You might say, oh, that's easy, I need more money, I have these bills, my job just isn't cutting it, I want to stay home with my kids... but let's get past that. What does that extra money really do for you? How does it make you feel? What are the emotions connected to it? Will it give you more security? Freedom? Comfort? Pleasure? Accomplishment? This emotional "why" is what will see you through the days where you feel frustrated or discouraged. You have to find out what it is and use it. Use it to keep going and achieve it.

I think it is also very important to ask yourself whether being your own boss is actually suitable for you. You see, to be in a position like that, you would need to be 'self driven' since you are in charge of your own destiny as a business person. Be honest :)

One other key element is the fact that in order to be 'truly' successful, you would need to have a real, genuine desire to help people in your business. The more people you help the more successful you will become. And I think that's the real beauty of being in business for yourself :)

So, please, before you sign up, ask yourself this question... 'why do I want to do this?'

Michelle
StopChasingLeads

by on Nov. 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DebbieDebs02
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Very, very good advice!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)