Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mean people annoy me

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

My son Jacob is 3. He has behavior problems. He is slightly autistic. I'm 46 so I was really too old to have him along with physical problems(MS, OA, etc) it is very hard to handle him some times. I had to figure out on my own what trigger his acting outs and remedy them, he's quite an angel today compared to a year ago.I just moved here in May, my neighbor has 2 girls, 3 and now 5. The mother, when Jacob i out, is just sooo mean and her husband is even meaner. The father will give Jacob dirty lokk and tell his girls its time to come in, if Jacob goes next to him, he completely ignores him, won't answer him, give him dirty look and hold hi girls close to him like Jacobs going to give them something. It just pisses me off that parents can be that way to another child. It broke my heart to see the hurt and questions in Jacobs eye, especially when he says, "Mommy, Jacob bad boy?" I tell him , No Honey, You are a good loving boy, they are just mean and just hug him, I've had to actually take my son away to the park or store. What do you do about people like this?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maof3angles
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I know how you fell my 4 year old has ADHD and behavior problems and i have even lose friends and some of my family because of my son I love him with all of my heart and no one will ever change that I just wish I could meet moms like you with are kids are alike and we understand are little ones I hate when people sit there and gave a child a dirty look there just kids!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oneiljl15
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM

People are mean i totally agree. Honestly what I try to do is to be extra nice to them. Its actually kind of fun and entertaining for me because you get these looks like "why is she being so nice to me" but in the end I am hoping to set a better example for my kids and for those parents. Since you haven't lived here very long my suggestion is to also get out and meet some other (nicer) parents out there. They do exist. :)

maof3angles
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I try to get out and meet other people but me as a mom its hard I don't want to meet some one that will judge me and my kids or put us in danger and there are a lot of people like that I just wish there was a place were all moms and kids can go and safe then I feel better I'm so nice to people and my kids still get judged!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oneiljl15
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I guess you just have to decide if the place you are at for instance (a playground or something) if your kids are having fun or not. If they are having fun and playing but you hear some of the adults talking about you and your kids then I would just not talk to the adults and interact with your own children. If they are having a bad time i would just leave. You can't help if someone else judge's you, you can only help how you feel about it. We really like my gym? Have you tried anything like that? Its a safe environment and a lot of nice people.

oswegoanne
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Thank you for your inputs- its nice to know there are parents out there with children with problems like myself. my problem is these are my neughbors and I shouldn't have to leave my home every time they're out. I do however, take Jacob to the park and various stores. I also have found out through research- all you moms might want to take interest- that, the dies red#40 and yellows #5 and 6, Jacob has a bad reaction to. I have been watching and reading everything I give him and make sure them dies are not in anything he eats, and his behavior has improved tremendously.--Thank you all for your support..God Bless..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)