Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stroller strides (ish) group??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 662 Total Views

I looked online to see if there was a stroller strides group in Syracuse and there is not.  Does anyone know if there is a group similar to it around here? (meet in a group at a park to power walk with strollers?)  Once the weather warms up here (ya know - like in august lol) I want to get out walking for exercise but it is boring by yourself ya know.  None of my friends have small babies to walk with so I was looking for a group to join but cant seem to find one.  Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker>
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryAnnCotton
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:30 AM
I was told there was something at the Y in Fayetteville. Check it out and let me know :)
BethanyB723
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I don't know if there is anything either but I would be interested in joining something like that. I love walking and being outdoors when the weather is nice!

grenellmom
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:56 AM

How young are your kids? My youngest is 16 months, and on a non snowing or rainy I would love to go to the park. 

kmaugiri
by Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I know of a Stroller-fit class that meets at onondaga lake park at the salt museum in the summer at 9 to 10 (they run partway).  They meet Mondays and Wednesday mornings.  I want to start something every few days at a mall during the winter and then the park in the summer.  Let me know if anyone is interested!

BethanyB723
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I would definetely be interested in something every few days...the mall would work for those cold winter days.

grenellmom
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Which mall were you thinking, and on which days?

ShellBeth
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Thanks all for your replys.  I work full time so I am trying to find something I can do on the weekends.  Once it starts getting nicer I can try to organize something at like - Longbranch park (is that the one in Liverpool area with the dog park?) or another park that has a good walking area to get our kids outdoors.  Really I need to start walking off this baby weight that wont come off! LOL.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker>
kmaugiri
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I was thinking Mon, Wed, Fri, as these days are usually quiet at the mall and the park during the week.  Mornings usually best, earlier, the better.  I was thinking any time between 8-10 am.  Meeting at the Great Northern Mall during the winter and then Long Branch Park during the summer unless anyone has any better suggestions??

MaryAnnCotton
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 8:23 AM
I might do something like that but Great Northern is too far for me
BethanyB723
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Great Northern is far for me too...I'm on the east side of the city.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)