Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your 3 yr old been to the dentist yet?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 339 Total Views

My son went to his 1st dentist appointment today. Just a regular check-up and he had 2 small cavities!!! I was shocked. He doesn't even eat that much junk, and I take really good care of his teeth. I hope he's not a kid who's prone to getting cavities! Ughhhh! The dentist doesn't let the parents go back because the kids are more cooperative, which makes sense. But they said he did great and they didn't have to numb him or anything when they filled the cavities because they were so small. Anyone else's LO's had cavities? I feel like such a shitty mom!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sydneysmomma165
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM

My daughter hasn't gone yet but I plan on taking her after the first of the year.  We have a pediatric dentist I am taking her to.  My friend took her little girl to the dentist and she had a cavity too.  I don't think it's anything you are doing wrong it's just hard to get into their little mouths really well sometimes.  I will update when we actually take her.  I am hoping she does well.

Sillieguze
by Member on Dec. 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Parker will go to his first appointment next week.  I'm worried that he's going to freak out, but the dentist told us whatever the lets him do is fine.  He said for some kids they just sit in the chair the first time and that's it. 

Rahforever
by Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Royce went when he turned 3 he loved it and his teeth are perfect. he watched me get my teeth cleaned and helped give xrays. They cleaned his teeth and counted them he did great.

brandigordy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM

My daughter Mikalah went to the dentist for the first time back in December, and she did sooo great!  She just recently had her second appointment, and my other daughter (who will be 2 next month) has even been and had her teeth checked and cleaned when Mikalah did.  

Mikalah had a small dark spot on one of her back teeth, but the dentist said just to make sure we continue to clean her teeth and we will just keep a watch on it for now.  I like our dentist because all of the nurses are so sweet to the girls, and the dentist herself is super nice.  I also like that they let us back in the room with them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)