Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't wait to help others!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:27 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 198 Total Views
 have been reading a lot today and have noticed that a lot of Moms want to help others but don't know where to start. When I was 17 I saw that Homelessness was a huge issue in Atlanta and I did something about it. Sometimes it can be very simple. Too many people have huge hearts but don;t know how to go about changing things, it seems like it is too much for 1 person. I am here to tell you that 1 person can make a difference. Start in your own community. Pick up litter,bring flowers to a elderly neighbor, smile,figure out what makes your inner light shine and go for it! We all spend too much time thinking and not doing. If you see someone that needs food offer to feed them. If you have way too many cloths and toys in your house skip The Salvation Army and Goodwill and bring them directly to a shelter. Volunteer your time year round not just on the Holidays when they have enough folks. I am not trying to sound harsh and I hope that no one takes this the wrong way but if everyone waited for the Greenlight nothing would ever change. Good luck and I hope that everyone finds a way to help.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cybonan
by on May. 8, 2007 at 7:16 PM
well put, widespread.  i think our concept of society and community has been altered so that we are very detached.  it makes it difficult for indivduals to take the inititive to reach out. to those around them, even those who need help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)