Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IDEAS...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 1:42 PM
  • 51 Replies
  • 3083 Total Views
Let's hear them.
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CyWay
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM
http://mowaa.org  this is a service where you can volunteer to take meals to elderly people who can't get out. They are lonely and love to have someone to talk to, you can do it as little as 1 day a week, and take your kids & pets, they get loved up ! I also think it's a great learning experience for your children. check out the site for more info
Rainluva990407
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 1:50 PM
SOMETHING SMALL TO START OUT WITH....... JUST AN IDEA AND WOULD LOVE TO HERE FEED BACK. IF WE ARE IN AGREE MENT THE START DATE WILL BE MARCH 7, 2007. THANKS.RAIN

YES I POSTED THIS BEFORE BUT ROCKY ASKED ME TO REPOST IN HERE AND I WILL BE DELETEING THE OTHER POST ABOUT IT. SO IF YOU COMMENT ON IT THERE PLEASE RE COMMENT HERE THANKS AGAIN. RAIN

OK spring is soon to be coming and it will be time to do that one thing all of use mothers love to do but at the same time hate. A spring cleaning. I just want to throw this out there for everyone to comment on. How about we make April 1, 2007 CAFEMOM Donation day! That will give us one month to gather all the things in our house that we just DO NOT NEED! We can donate them to our local churches, shelters, or even our elementary schools for those less fortunate than ourselves? We can have fun with this take pictures of all the boxes and bags that we are getting rid of and post them on here. Then on April 2 we can take them to there drop off sites. (April 1 is a Sunday)

So what do all you mothers think? Are you game for it or do you want to start off with something else?
cnksmommie
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Feeding Hungry Children International provides food, shelter, medicine, education, counseling and other necessary care for needy children in Third World countries and in the United States.

They have locations in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, California, NY, Arizona, New Mexico, Maryland and Washington D.C.

Check out their website:
http://www.feedinghungrychildren.net/
Mrs.E
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Quoting Rainluva990407:

SOMETHING SMALL TO START OUT WITH....... JUST AN IDEA AND WOULD LOVE TO HERE FEED BACK. IF WE ARE IN AGREE MENT THE START DATE WILL BE MARCH 7, 2007. THANKS.RAIN

YES I POSTED THIS BEFORE BUT ROCKY ASKED ME TO REPOST IN HERE AND I WILL BE DELETEING THE OTHER POST ABOUT IT. SO IF YOU COMMENT ON IT THERE PLEASE RE COMMENT HERE THANKS AGAIN. RAIN

OK spring is soon to be coming and it will be time to do that one thing all of use mothers love to do but at the same time hate. A spring cleaning. I just want to throw this out there for everyone to comment on. How about we make April 1, 2007 CAFEMOM Donation day! That will give us one month to gather all the things in our house that we just DO NOT NEED! We can donate them to our local churches, shelters, or even our elementary schools for those less fortunate than ourselves? We can have fun with this take pictures of all the boxes and bags that we are getting rid of and post them on here. Then on April 2 we can take them to there drop off sites. (April 1 is a Sunday)

So what do all you mothers think? Are you game for it or do you want to start off with something else?
Sounds good though I usually donate to the VFW or disabled vets, is that in keeping with the spirit??
HeadMutha
by Group Owner on Mar. 4, 2007 at 11:33 PM
That was the plan. I want to hear about what issues we want to tackle. We can't do it all at once. So that's why we need to stay focused. I will brainstorm tonight to see how we can accomplish this!!

MrsE...I think the spring cleaning and donating thing is a brilliant idea. Whoever is in need will be the best recipients. The veterans group sounds great.
AZMomof4
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 12:55 AM
Inspired by the mom in Connecticut whose baby daddy refused to buy Pedialyte for their 13 month old baby w/diarrhea stating it was too expensive while he was going to buy cigarettes, I did this . . .
I searched for anyone within 1 mile of my zip code and sent them all this message (there were only  9 and I live in the 6th largest city in America.):

Hey, my name is Lisa and I am a SAHM of 4 kids.  I was inspired to do this by a post I read this weekend from a mother of a sick baby in Connecticut.  She had no money and no car and had asked her babies daddy to go buy some Pedialyte for the baby.  He refused, even tho he was on his way out to buy cigarettes saying that Pedialyte was too expensive and a waste of money, blah, blah.  I suggested that she search for mothers w/i one mile of her zip code for some help. 

I thought it might be nice to be able to connect with the 9, only 9 mothers within one mile of my zip code in case we ever found ourselves in a situation where we really, really needed some help like this poor mom did.  

Therefore, I would like to see if you want to invite me as a friend so we can be there for each other.  Need a ride to the doctor, too sick to get to the store and need some milk orPedialyte or whatever, need to get out of the house and want to meet somewhere, whatever the case may be.  If you are interested, send me an invite.  No judgements here, no color barrier, neighborhood prejudice, income limit, family size, nothing.  Just moms reaching out to other moms.  Thanks, Lisa

I got a response before I had even gone through the whole list.  We need to be here for each other and not judge anyone.  Please let me know what you think of this.  Lisa

HeadMutha
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Quoting AZMomof4:

I got a response before I had even gone through the whole list. We need to be here for each other and not judge anyone. Please let me know what you think of this. Lisa

This is a great idea Lisa. Why don't you start by looking for members in your particular city. You can do this by doing a search, at the top of the page.

all you need to do is put your zip code in and the radius you want.  Start a group called Mom's in Tempe Support Group..invite all of them, and start a support group in your local area. You can be the test case. Let us know how it goes and other mothers can start their own groups in the area.
Hope to hear how it goes!!!

Rocky ~ HeadMutha
MTM
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 3:17 AM
Support a great cause. Blood Related Cancer

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

stephland3
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Quoting Rainluva990407:

Quote:

I think this is a great idea, I am dropping stuff off all the time for the vets but would be glad to save up and do this April 1st. I hate clutter so I get excited to get rid of things we don't use:)

stephland3
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Quoting mommyx4:

Quote:

OPERATION TEDDY BEAR

My last marriage was an abusive one and the last time that the police had to come to my home the officer gave my youngest child a teddy bear, she still has it to this day and that was 5 years ago.

My husband is a police officer so I would be glad to check with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)