Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what to think

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

Well they found my ectopic Sept 25th...I had the methotrexate. My levels have went down. My issue is my breast hurt and are swollen. What is CRAZY is my left one leaked this morning! I took a HPT and it is negative, I still have the stupid mirena in place but as ya know it has failed. I don't know what is going on. When I had my miscarriage way back my pregnancy symptoms went away within days.

Is this normal? Does this just last longer because it was ectopic?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ThatsNotMyName
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Hmmm, I don't know why your breast would be leaking?  That is strange.  Have you called your Doctor?

stefaniejane
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I would ask your doctor.  I did not have any symptoms after my ectopic, my breasts were swollen before I had lost the baby though. 

I have not heard many good things about mirena, I am pretty scared of it to be honest. 

Best wishes....

Stef

Ectopic

Photobucket

Crissy1213
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 4:50 AM

I went to the doctor today to have the Mirena removed and talked to her about it, she said since this was my 3rd pregnancy that pregnancy symptoms tend to show quicker during subsequent pregnancies. She "reassured" me that my levels are dropping and that I should give it another week. So the Mirena is OUT! I feel soooo pregnant, because of this I am getting baby blues, I am catching myself crying a lot. With my husband leaving tonight for work is not making it easier. but I am hopeful my hormones will level out...I can begin to feel normal, and wait the suggested 6 months before deciding on having another baby.

stefaniejane
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM

wow, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of those hormonal changes :(  Glad you got it out and that you go to see your doc.

Stef

Ectopic

Photobucket

Bobbi530
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Just wondering why do you have to wait 6 months? Because of the Mirena or the ectopic?

Quoting Crissy1213:

I went to the doctor today to have the Mirena removed and talked to her about it, she said since this was my 3rd pregnancy that pregnancy symptoms tend to show quicker during subsequent pregnancies. She "reassured" me that my levels are dropping and that I should give it another week. So the Mirena is OUT! I feel soooo pregnant, because of this I am getting baby blues, I am catching myself crying a lot. With my husband leaving tonight for work is not making it easier. but I am hopeful my hormones will level out...I can begin to feel normal, and wait the suggested 6 months before deciding on having another baby.

stefaniejane
by Member on Oct. 26, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Curious about the pp question... why the 6 month wait.  I was told to wait 6 months after my ectopic so my body could heal, and there was a smaller chance of m/c

Ectopic

Photobucket

nanretan
by on Oct. 26, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Bobbi530:

Just wondering why do you have to wait 6 months? Because of the Mirena or the ectopic?

Quoting Crissy1213:

Did you have to get 2 shots of the Metotrexate?  I only had to get one and my doc said that I only have to wait 3mths.  I go in today to have my Beta HCG levels tested again for hopefully the last time.  Also I know that I get blue every so often but I think that it is more grief for me then hormones.  All my pregnancy symptoms have gone away.

Crissy1213
by Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 4:26 AM

I was told 6 months so my chances of the another ectopic or miscarraige lowers.

I only had one shot of the Methotrexate. My numbers were at 11 on October 2nd. I have taken another HPT and it is negitive. I am still feeling pregnant and my left breast is still leaking but they don't hurt any more. I still have morning sickness and all. I am hoping by November its completely gone I can tell my hormones are going back to normal though I am not as moody.

cstroud710
by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I wouldn't look too far in to your breast leaking.  mine started leaking 2 years ago and haven't stopped yet.  it's not much. just a drop here and there and if i squeeze on or something.  but my dr said nothing is wrong.  you may want to let your dr know and have bloodwork done.  my dr checked my prolactin levels and they were normal.  she basically told my that it happens sometimes and it doesnt mean anything.  mine started leaking before i ever had my ectopic though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)