Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you "feel pregnant" with your ectopic(s)?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 3613 Total Views

Poll

Question: Did you "feel pregnant" with your ectopic pregnancy?

Options:

Yes, I felt pregnancy symptoms, had an intuitive feeling, etc

No, I had no pregnancy symptoms

I had some symptoms but felt something was wrong

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

I just KNEW that something was wrong.  My only clue that I was pregnant was that my temperature was still high after I had some weird bleeding 4 DPO.  I took the test on a whim.  I've read and been told by midwives that that is actually a symptom of ectopic, not feeling pregnant or having a feeling that something is wrong.

So... did you?  Did you have all your usual pregnancy symptoms or did you not have anything?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefaniejane
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I was really moody and tired.  I still had bleeding and no positive pregnancy tests at home.  I was not nauseaus at all, I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with Ella.  So, I felt like I was pregnant but kept getting told NO by the HPTs.  I didn't get it... until the day I wound up in the ER.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersFree Icons

cstroud710
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Yes, I felt pregnant.  I felt tired all the time and I started having food cravings very early.  I wasn't sick at all, (I was really sick with my son)  but like I said I was hungary a lot and tired a lot.   I would have a sharp stabbing pain on my right side every now and then that would go away as soon as it happened.  I kept telling myself it was just tendons stretching, but i knew better.  I had a feeling something was wrong,  we had been trying for a year and a half when i got pregnant and I couldnt get excited because i knew.  then one morning the stabbing pain woke me up and didnt go away so I went to the hospital.

Crissy1213
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Yes, I felt VERY pregnant even though I was on the Mirena IUD. I ignored it and was told that the Mirena would cause me to feel like that. I had Mirena for over a year with NO  bleeding for 8 months then out of no where I started spotting. That threw me off, my son was being extremely lovey, my sex drive was through the roof, and I wanted rootbeer first thing in the morning I could taste it lol. I had a really sharp pain in my right side then it went away then on a Monday 2 weeks later I had it again and I chalked it up to constipation.But I made my husband get me a test just to be sure and BFP I panicked because I knew it was an ectopic because I was on Mirena. Went on a Wed and Friday they confirmed it was in my right tube.

stephanie12970
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM

i just knew that i was pregnant with the last ectopic, i took 4 HPT before going to the DR & having blood work done to confirm it.  we did not know it was ectopic until my hubby called my OB and read him the numbers off of the discharge sheets from other blood work that had been done the night before from the hospital in hoboken, nj.  after an ultrasound & exam they told me i was fine & that my baby was fine.  as it turned out i was bleeding internally from the ectopic rupturing.  i had to have emergency surgery. that loss nearly destroyed my hubby & myself.  my sisters rushed 2 the hospital 2 be with me.  I STILL MISS THAT BABY as well as the others  EVERY DAY!!!  i have healed physically but not really emotionally from the losses of my 10 children. 

ndirishgirl82
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM

The only symptom I had was a missed period but I still took the HPT.  It came back positive and I was so excited but in the back of my mind, I just felt like something was wrong.  I think I took a test or 2 like every day just because something did not feel right to me.  Then I started bleeding and found out that there was indeed something wrong.