Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic Pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

Has any one had a normal pregnancy after the first ectopic and if so how long did it take to conceive?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
akacowgirlrebel
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I had an ectopic in may 08 and started trying again in october 08 and became pregnant right away.  I delivered a healthy baby girl in july 09.   Because of the ectopic I lost might whole right tube.  If you have any more questions feel free the send me a message and best of luck to you.

mandyjh
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I had my ectopic in Oct.08 and lost my right tube, i conceived again in Jan. 09 but miscarried the baby at 9 weeks, got pregnant again in Aug.09 and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby, good luck.

Mandy

Kishakee
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Just a little curious did they tell you why you miscarried.  Was it possible to soon after the ectopic?  I ask because we want to try again in Feb, which will be three months from my ectopic in November.

stefaniejane
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 2:55 AM

My doctor had us waiting 6 months (my ectopic was in April).  So, we  started ttc again in October...  taking this month off for the holidays. My last BFN was so hard to deal with, I don't want to be that depressed at Christmas.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersFree Icons PhotobucketPhotobucket

rjscans
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM

yes but it took awhile...had EP in Oct 07 (ruptured at 8 weeks and had left tube removed)...TTC in March 08 (i was cut open and doc said to wait at least 3 months to try again)...got pregnant in July 08 which ended in a Chemical Pregnancy at 6 weeks...took a few months off and started trying again in Dec 08 while away on a cruise and became pregnant! This one ended in the birth of my daughter on July 21st 2009 :) She was 6 weeks early due to me being diagnosed with HELLP Syndrome (rare form of pre-ecalmpsia). She is a healthy little girl and doing well. My doc watched me carefully the whole time we were trying and said the Chemical Pregnancy  had nothing to do with the EP. Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps :)

Kishakee
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Just curious if any of you are conceiving without the help of meds or have you had to use some kind of fertility meds after the ectopics?

mandyjh
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Quoting Kishakee:

Just curious if any of you are conceiving without the help of meds or have you had to use some kind of fertility meds after the ectopics?

I concieved both times on my own with no medication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)