Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finally..

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

My ectopic was discovered on Aug 6 and as of Dec 23 my levels are finally below 5.  Yes it took that long.  My levels to begin with were only in the 900s.  They then spiked to over 2400 and long story short many months and three rounds of  methotrexate later I can finally stop having my blood drawn. I've had  fairly regular periods since sepetmber but  doc said to wait a couple of months before trying again. Although we have not been too careful this past week. What can I say   I'm tired of using a diaphragm.   I do still have pain on that side which has me concerned.  Mostly after sex.  Has anyone had this happen?  I'm ready to try for another baby but I am terrified that it's going to happen again.  T

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
chane_L
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM

i still have pain as well, it's not as bad as it once was.  Now the pain is mainly when i have my period.

lolababy
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I am so happy for you, its was just the biggest relief not having to go get bloods and U/S done continuously for over two months, I am with You! Its like you can finally move on.  I have had two ectopics and the first one ruptured and nearly killed me, but once that was fixed it was over, this one with the methotraxate went on and on and on.... Anyway good luck to you, wishing you all the best with your future pregancies.

PS:  Yes I had twinges and pangs and small pain for a couple of months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)