Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

menstrual cycle after ectopic

Posted by on May. 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 783 Total Views

I hope this is not to personal,  but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when there regular cycle started again after surgery for an ectopic.  It has been almost 5 weeks since my surgery and I still have not started.  I bleed for like almost a week after the surgery, but I am just trying to figure out if it is normal that I have not started again.    

Amanda

by on May. 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JennPearce
by Member on May. 22, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Hey hun I started between 5-6 weeks after my surgery.

ethmom
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Thanks!   That makes me feel better.  I guess I just worry to much.  smile mini

PinkDaisey13
by Member on May. 22, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hey there. I promptly started 4 weeks after surgery, but my OBGYN told me it could take up to 8 weeks. Dont get discouraged. Hang in there

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
ethmom
by on May. 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Thanks,  if its not here in the next 3 weeks then I will start worrying again!!!  My hormones are so messed up.  I am just hateful one minute and crying the next so when I start maybe it will get better!

chane_L
by Member on May. 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM

i bled like crazy for 9 days following the surgery, then again at 2 1/2 weeks post op, and now my new cycle was about every 3 1/2 weeks and it was a cycle that lasted almost 9days . 

as far as the crying and hating ,yup some days are better than others and alot of days when i look down to see my now mutilated looking abs i get mad as hell then cry. ( 3 ep surgeries in 1 yr) 

i wound up getting a hystorectomy (a few weeks ago) due to having so many issues with my cycle and continued pain as well as some other issues.

ethmom
by on May. 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Bless your heart!  Just one was hard enough, so I can't imagine 3 in one year and then having to have a hysterectomy.  I hope things get better for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN