Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please introduce yourself here

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 12:17 PM
  • 178 Replies
  • 7034 Total Views
Thank you for joining or considering to join this group. I would like to welcome you in advance and hope we all find the comfort and support we are looking for here.

Well let me start off by sharing my story. I'll try to be brief. Thanks for listening, I mean reading :-)

I found out I was pregnant on a Thursday, just thought to take a test bc. I felt different and my breast were very sore. I told my husband right away, and he was soooo excited. My husband wants like 5. This was our first pregnancy.  I had been spotting brown but only a little and I felt fine. We told our immediate family and close friends the next day on Friday and they were totally excited about this baby as well.   Anyway, by that Sunday (Fathers day June 17, 2007) I was already in the ER. I got woken up by really bad pain on my right lower ab area going to my back. They did blood tests, ultrasounds and I just prayed and prayed that my baby would be ok.  After hours of waiting they came back saying that there is something in the tube that it wasnt a good pregnancy. It was ectopic. I was also bleeding at this point no longer just brown spots. They kept giving me morphine for the pain but it wasnt working. At first the doctor was giving me the option of the pill or injection which dissolves the baby :-( but then said i must go thru surgery bc. the pain was so bad and I could be bleeding internally and it could be life threatening to me. Hearing that doctor was the worst thing I've ever been thru. Its by far the worst moment in my life so far.  I lost my baby at 5 weeks pregnant.  Well so I went thru the surgery (a laparoscopy) and when the doc was in there decided to take my right tube bc. he said it was damaged and too inflamed and leaving it there can cause another ectopic. I dont know the details of that too much, im still trying to come to terms with everything that happened. I guess if they left the tube scar tissue can form and increase the chances of another ectopic in that tube. This isnt always the case, just the message the doctor was trying to get accross to me.  It is now about two months later, and this is still all I think about. It helps to read other woman's experiences and just come here to let our feelings out. Im starting to try again very soon and im terrified. Many blessings and healthy baby dust our way!

by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl13
by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Hey ya'll. I have had a total of three losses..2 of them ectopic. My first in July 06...they saved my tube that time. The second, Aug 2007. This time they removed my tube, it had too much damage. I know the pain caused from ectopic pregnancies, and the fear of loosing a tube. But I know that God had a reason and althought I may never know what His reason was, He has a plan for me. God Bless!
~Heather~

gabersmom
by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 4:15 PM
HI!  My name is Christian and I had an ectopic in February of 2004.  before then I had a miscarriage.  It was february 3rd when I was rushed uncounscious to the ER.  A week prior a called my OB/GYN and told him I was vomiting, diarerrha (sp) cramps, just not feeling good.  He called me in Paragoric (they no longer give this) and told me to rest because I had the stomach flu.  A week later I was in the ER unconscious.  I don't remember much, bits and pieces.  They told me at one point they had to revive me and then my BP went to 60/40.  About the only thing I remember is the vaginal ultrasound adn having lots and I mean lots of people around me.  I remember a nurse in the OR who said she went to high school with me, that is it untl I woke up in my room begging for my husband.  The next day they told me I had an ectopic that ruptured right on the edge of the uterus and the tube.  I lost a tube and part of my uterus.  I had to have 4 blood transfusions because I had when the operated 4000cc's of blood in my adomin.  Apparently for one week I was bleeding internally.  I have an incsion about 15" long from my bellybutton down to the vagina area.  more like a butcher went at me.  Mine you the doctor was 76 years old.  We went to him because he did have a better success rate to get woman pregnant, well he did, but then this happened.  I do have a VERY HAPPY ending though, in October of that same year, I got pregnant again and after finding a GREAT DR>  who looked at me like a hawk, I was able to have GABRIELLE!!!! 18 months later, we have HUNTER!!!!  SO you can get pregnant afterwards depending on what happens!!!  to all, GOOD LUCK!!!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

cgp2007
by Member on Aug. 28, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Hi,

I am so glad you started this group!  I swear since my ectopic July 18th at 9 weeks pregnant I am a mess.  My name is Claudia and I am truly a survivor.  We thought we were 5 weeks pregnant so we still hadn't been to the OBGYN for my 6 week and first visit when it happened.  We had a heartbeat and never even knew it.   When I ruptured my tube we waited almost 4 hours before calling an ambulance b/c no one not even our OB on call thougth it could be ectopic even though I had every symptom except external bleeding.  I lost liters of blood internally and by the time we called the ambulance I didn't have much time left.  At the emergency room I was in surgery in less than 20 minutes.  They couldn't find the baby on the ultrasound because of all the blood clots and blood.  They had a very hard time getting IV's into me because my veins were closed, as I apparently didn't have enough blood to keep them open.  I was lucky they were able to use laproscopy and they removed my right tube and our baby, who was normal just in the wrong place.  Then after surgery the IV's they were able to get clotted so I had to have an emergency central line put in my chest b/c even though they gave me 2 transfusions during surgery I needed more blood and fluids. I was even told that people who come into the hospital the way I did, don't leave.  So I am grateful to be alive, but I am terribly sad about losing our baby.  We were so ready.  I am also nervous about trying again with just one tube.  My doctor told me that my one tube can do the job of both tubes and will.  Has anyone else been told this?  Also, the ICU nurses told me that if you can survive an ectopic that when you do give birth it will be easy:)  who knows if that is true :)
1stimemami
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Quoting cgp2007:

Hi,

I am so glad you started this group!  I swear since my ectopic July 18th at 9 weeks pregnant I am a mess.  My name is Claudia and I am truly a survivor.  We thought we were 5 weeks pregnant so we still hadn't been to the OBGYN for my 6 week and first visit when it happened.  We had a heartbeat and never even knew it.   When I ruptured my tube we waited almost 4 hours before calling an ambulance b/c no one not even our OB on call thougth it could be ectopic even though I had every symptom except external bleeding.  I lost liters of blood internally and by the time we called the ambulance I didn't have much time left.  At the emergency room I was in surgery in less than 20 minutes.  They couldn't find the baby on the ultrasound because of all the blood clots and blood.  They had a very hard time getting IV's into me because my veins were closed, as I apparently didn't have enough blood to keep them open.  I was lucky they were able to use laproscopy and they removed my right tube and our baby, who was normal just in the wrong place.  Then after surgery the IV's they were able to get clotted so I had to have an emergency central line put in my chest b/c even though they gave me 2 transfusions during surgery I needed more blood and fluids. I was even told that people who come into the hospital the way I did, don't leave.  So I am grateful to be alive, but I am terribly sad about losing our baby.  We were so ready.  I am also nervous about trying again with just one tube.  My doctor told me that my one tube can do the job of both tubes and will.  Has anyone else been told this?  Also, the ICU nurses told me that if you can survive an ectopic that when you do give birth it will be easy:)  who knows if that is true :)
I am glad I started this group too :0. Thank you to all the ladies who have joined so far. Ectopics are not as common as miscarriages and even though we are all saddened by the same thing; losing a baby, only we know the feeling of what ectopics are like. Coming together here, does help in more ways than we can imagine, so again thank you to all.
I wanted to address your question, and yes my doctor told me something similar. You only need one tube to do the job. Only one is needed to grab the egg and fertilize it so God willing we will be fine.

mdawns
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Hello fellow strong ladies...

My name is Misti, I had my ectopic in July 06.  I found out on July 12 I was preg, very excited because we already had a 3 year old son and wanted to add to our family.  The very next day I started experiencing cramps and bleeding.  I went to the doctor who sent me to the ER for more tests, they said it was a m/c and for me to take a few days to rest.  After a few days the bleeding got worse and the cramping got worse.  I went back to my doctor and for the next 3 weeks they continued to treat me as if it were a regular m/c.  Finally on July 29 (our wedding anniversary) we took our son to the zoo 2 hours away.  We had to leave 1/2 way through the day because I was very ill, pale, bleeding and getting sick.  My husband took me to the ER and my doctor decided to do an emergency surgery on me to check my tubes.  My left tube was near rupture and I had been internally bleeding for almost a week.  I could have died if I had not been treated in 24 hours because my tube would have ruptured.  (At least that is what my doctor said).

I was lucky, they were able to save my tube.  In May 2007 I found out I was preg again.  I was almost 12 weeks pregnant when I had a m/c.   Two in 1 year really took a toll on me.  It's hard to be happy for others, I have several friends and family members who are expecting and I have distanced myself from them.

What helps is forums like this.  When I first experienced the ectopic pregnancy the only place I had to go to ask questions was forums.  No one in my family or friends had ever experienced what I had.  Thank you for allowing me to share my story and for me to read about yours. 

Best wishes and baby dust to all of you still trying.  I think I am going to put a hold on my baby wishes for a while, the thought of 3 losses in a year scares me. 
Kristenmm
by Member on Sep. 5, 2007 at 3:51 PM
Hi my name is Kristen.
I had my ectopic in December '06.  I was only about 4 weeks along and didn't even know I was pregnant.  My little girl Elise was only 3 months old and I had had 1 period in November since having her.  2 weeks after that period I was having cramps and on and off bleeding/spotting.  So one day I was feeling very horrible and in such bad pain that I was crying out (worse than any pain I had when Elise was born, and she was a natural birth).  So yeah I finally went in to see what was wrong.  The doc thought it was a uterine infection and sent me home with antibiotics, as an after thought he decided to take my blood and do a pregnancy test.....just in case.  So the next day he calls me in the morning (after living with the pain all night and most of the morning) and he tells me I'm pregnant and that he wants and ultrasound done to see if its ectopic and that I should come in right away for that.  So needless to say after waiting a couple hours to find out from the doctor for sure that it was...... I was sent right away into surgery.  My blood test had showed that I was bleeding internally and was loosing lots of blood so they did a laproscopy.  And they did save my tube.  This was definitely one of the most, if not the most traumatic experiences of my life.  I am grateful to have women on here to talk to, that know what I've been through and that have the same fears as I do about getting pregnant again.

Mom to one little girl on earth and one baby in Heaven.

texasgirl03
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2007 at 2:30 PM
I am new to this site..just joined today. I found out i was prg Aug 24 a friday...i called my hubby at work right way. We were both so happy we had been trying for a yr so for you to finaly have your come true after waiting so long..its just like wow, there are no words..then the following fri Aug 31 that morning i was bleeding, not red blood but more of a pinkish brown. So  i went to the Er and the checked my hcg levels they said that tit was a little low..not much to be worried about but they would like it be a bit highier since was 4-5 wks along..so to come back on sunday and they will check the levels again. Well that night i started bleeding bright red blood, but not heavy or anything so i didnt really worry about it., it stopped by morning. I went to the doc on sunday and my hcg level didnt double it went up from 1300 on fri to 1500 on sunday so havet the vaginal ultrasoudn they said they didnt see a sac and told me i was having a ectopic preg...my heart hit he foor. I coulnd believe the worlds coming out of thier mought...the baby i had been trying for for a yr wouldnt make its way into my arms...no!!! Now its been one day since ive been done with treated with the medications..(thank god thats over) and i want to try agin..but im so scared..thats why im soo happy to of found this site and read of all the success storys of ladies who have been throught the same thing..you all give me so much hope..im just wondering how long should i wait before i try again?

Danay
1stimemami
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Quoting texasgirl03:

I am new to this site..just joined today. I found out i was prg Aug 24 a friday...i called my hubby at work right way. We were both so happy we had been trying for a yr so for you to finaly have your come true after waiting so long..its just like wow, there are no words..then the following fri Aug 31 that morning i was bleeding, not red blood but more of a pinkish brown. So  i went to the Er and the checked my hcg levels they said that tit was a little low..not much to be worried about but they would like it be a bit highier since was 4-5 wks along..so to come back on sunday and they will check the levels again. Well that night i started bleeding bright red blood, but not heavy or anything so i didnt really worry about it., it stopped by morning. I went to the doc on sunday and my hcg level didnt double it went up from 1300 on fri to 1500 on sunday so havet the vaginal ultrasoudn they said they didnt see a sac and told me i was having a ectopic preg...my heart hit he foor. I coulnd believe the worlds coming out of thier mought...the baby i had been trying for for a yr wouldnt make its way into my arms...no!!! Now its been one day since ive been done with treated with the medications..(thank god thats over) and i want to try agin..but im so scared..thats why im soo happy to of found this site and read of all the success storys of ladies who have been throught the same thing..you all give me so much hope..im just wondering how long should i wait before i try again?

Danay
Hi, welcome to the group. Im very sorry for your loss. We all know how you feel and what you have been thru here. This was very recent for you and I know you must be filled with questions. Mine was in June and Im still wondering why this happened to me. Reading stories on here definitely helps, and always trying to keep a positive mindset that there is goodness to come for us.
We are here if you want to ask anything, or just vent..we will help as best we can. As far as your question, my doctor told me to wait for two normal periods to try again. Usually its like 3 months, that being that you've gone thru two cycles already. I would ask your doctor to make sure though, being that this may vary according to the procedure you had.

I've started a group for ladies who have suffered ectopics:                                           Welcome here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

kristyrea
by Member on Sep. 12, 2007 at 2:46 PM

I just joined this group on monday.  I had one ectopic pregnancy in Sept. 2005.  I had no idea I was preg.  My husband and I had just gotten married in May.  I had been spotting on a Friday then it continued to get heavier, but I thought it was just my period, since it was almost time.  I kind-of felt different through the next 3-4 days and noticed it was a little different than normal, but assumed that it could be due to my body changing from being married...  The bleeding had stopped by Wed.  The following Friday morning I was at work and started to have cramps.  I went to the restroom and was fine after that.  We had a wedding to go to that night @ 7:30, so after work I rushed home to get ready.  After I showered I started to have cramps again, but they went away.  About 20-30 minutes later when we arrived at the church, I started feeling really bad.  I got a seat with my family, then thought "all I had to do this morning was go to the restroom".  Well, I made it half-way there and the pain was so bad.  I could barely stand and it hurt to breathe.  I had never felt anything so horrible in my life!  My husband and mom rushed me to the ER.  They had me pee in the cup etc. and wouldn't give me any pain meds until they got the test results back.  The pain would come and go.  I was laying there talking with my family when all of a sudden I felt very wet.  I rolled over and asked my mom to look, and sure enough, I had started bleeding out.  That is when the Dr.'s came in and confirmed that I was preg.  We were Shocked!  Then it occured to me that something was wrong.  I feel like I could be one of the most horrible people on earth because I felt relieved.  We weren't ready to start a family.  We were still getting used to eachother.  Four hours after arriving to the ER, I went into emergency surgery.  I lost my left tube.  Now, two years later, I often wonder what it would be like to have Alex and I wish Alex was here with us.  What could I have done differently to avoid an ectopic preg. happening.  Sometimes it seems like I am the only person in my family that remembers that this even happend.  That makes me SO sad.  I do know that God has a plan and a reason for everything.  If I would not have had the surgery, I would not have found out that I had a fibroid tumor. 
My question is how long did it take some of you with only one tube to get pregnant.  I do a lot of research online and one Dr. says one thing about capabilities of one tube verses two and the other Dr. says the opposite. 
Thank you to all of you and sharing.  Before all of this happend I had no idea somthing like this could happen. 
Thank you so much!

kelli25
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM
hey all.. ive had a total of 4 pregnancys. 2 miscarriages and 2 ectopic. they did take one of my tubes. it is hard to deal with and it takes time to move past it. but we all can....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)