Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give us hope...Post your success stories after ectopic here:

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies, just thought it would be a good idea to post success stories after an ectopic here: If you've had an ectopic and then a good pregnancy please share with us. Those of us who just had one or are beginning to try again after an ectopic are terrified and I think it would help us to read some positive outcomes. We all have our days of ups and downs, and I think it would be good to come back here to a forum filled with light after all the suffering, to remind us that there is hope for us.
Please let us know things like when was your ectopic, how far along where you, was it your first pregnancy, did you lose a tube, what kind of procedure you had, how long after did you get pregnant with a healthy baby, just some ideas. We'd love to hear your success story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Rachel

Ladies Who Have Suffered Ectopics group owner:                                             http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup 

Visit Ask A Chiropractor; my husband is a chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic   

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Replies (71-78):
advaith
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:31 AM
@chashley...congratulations. now its been 6 months after my right ectopic. did you take any medicines after ectopic to get pregnant?my doc told we could try for another 6 months and then see what happens. no need for any medicines. we are TTC again now. keeping my hopes high and positive.,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chashley
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Thank you! No, I didn't take anything when ttc again (except prenatals). My dr said I wasn't ovulating every month so I should really use ovulation tests, basal temp, etc, but dh and I decided to wing it. It took us a little over 6 months after the all clear to conceive ds, and then only 3 months ttc with this one. It'll happen mama! Good luck!

Quoting advaith:

@chashley...congratulations. now its been 6 months after my right ectopic. did you take any medicines after ectopic to get pregnant?my doc told we could try for another 6 months and then see what happens. no need for any medicines. we are TTC again now. keeping my hopes high and positive.,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shuntel
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:14 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm happy to post my testimony. I put up my sad story sometime ago in may asking for tips on how to conceive after an ectopic surgery cuz it was Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋o​ frustrating to see the period come every month when u expect it shldnt after all the baby dancind nd all.but I'm happy to say I jst confirmed my pregnancy and its going well by Gods grace. My ectopic pregnancy was in november 2011 and I was shattered whenbi found out cuz I really wanted a sibling for my 3 years old daughter. After the surgery in which one of my tubes got tied, the Dr told me I cld try again in 3 month. I started ttc in March and I got devastated each month. I considered doing a HSG test to know if the opened tube was good but I felt I didn't need that. I jst had faith in God that all was well even tho I was a bit concerned about the delay. I wrote a long list of all I wld do to aid conception but frankly I didn't do any. Then in August I prayed hard and even fasted and asked God to give me a gift of a baby for my birthday and somehow I was convinced that my prayers hv been answered. On the day my af was due it didn't come and I did a home test which gave me instantly my BFP..and I don't feel all the discomfort I had wen I has the ectopic pregnancy. I'm so happy. Pls be encouraged and have faith in the almighty God. He alone can give u the desired outcome without drugs or rigours of ttc if only u believe in him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandyjh
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!! Congratulations! Keep us updated :)

Quoting shuntel:

I'm happy to post my testimony. I put up my sad story sometime ago in may asking for tips on how to conceive after an ectopic surgery cuz it was Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋o​ frustrating to see the period come every month when u expect it shldnt after all the baby dancind nd all.but I'm happy to say I jst confirmed my pregnancy and its going well by Gods grace. My ectopic pregnancy was in november 2011 and I was shattered whenbi found out cuz I really wanted a sibling for my 3 years old daughter. After the surgery in which one of my tubes got tied, the Dr told me I cld try again in 3 month. I started ttc in March and I got devastated each month. I considered doing a HSG test to know if the opened tube was good but I felt I didn't need that. I jst had faith in God that all was well even tho I was a bit concerned about the delay. I wrote a long list of all I wld do to aid conception but frankly I didn't do any. Then in August I prayed hard and even fasted and asked God to give me a gift of a baby for my birthday and somehow I was convinced that my prayers hv been answered. On the day my af was due it didn't come and I did a home test which gave me instantly my BFP..and I don't feel all the discomfort I had wen I has the ectopic pregnancy. I'm so happy. Pls be encouraged and have faith in the almighty God. He alone can give u the desired outcome without drugs or rigours of ttc if only u believe in him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miraclemammma
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Hello everyone. I had an ectopic pregnancy in november of 2010 and they had to remove my right tube. I was devastated and very depressed at the thought i would have another ectopic and lose my chance to have another baby. My current son is eleven years old and i had him young so i really wanted another baby. I had no reason to have an ectopic as far as the risk factors go. I quit trying for almost a year in fear that i would have another ectopic. I had read lies pn the internet which said its very hard to get pregnant when you have only the left tube, which is complete nonsense because after 2 months of trying we conceived a baby and i am now 10 weeks 4 days pregnant. Dont lose hope and dont go online and read anything negative because its all bull. Good luck ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
advaith
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hi everyone,

After an ectopic pregnancy( right tube, not removed)  in jan 2012, i conceived again in Nov 2012 which ended in miscarriage. Took a break for a month and  in Jan 2013, had my tubes checked by HSG which says both the tubes are patent but the right tube is dilated due to ectopic. We wanted to go for IUI and had it done in Jan 2013 but not succesfull ( Natural Cycle , ovulated from right ovary). Then this month attempted for second cycle of IUI, ovulated again from right ovary ( done on 7th Feb).

Anyone conceived through IUI after ectopic???????

Awaiting for Sucess stories..........

cindy82
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I am Cindy. I am finally pregnant with my third and last living child after 6 years of trying and two ectopics. I had my r tube removed and only have one. My doctor said I would need IVF to get pregnant. We couldn't afford it and didn't want to take out a loan. So we waited. We were saving for IVF and felt like we were getting nowhere. Well we were getting ready to call the doc and sign papers for a loan for the IVF. I had a positive test. Yay!! And it was healthy. They kept a close eye on the baby. Now I am 27 weeks. I thank God every day for this little one. Hang in there. It took me 6 years. But it did happen.
cindy82
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh and the egg was a jumper. It came from my r ovary. Truly a miracle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN