Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give us hope...Post your success stories after ectopic here:

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM
  • 78 Replies
  • 24580 Total Views

Hi ladies, just thought it would be a good idea to post success stories after an ectopic here: If you've had an ectopic and then a good pregnancy please share with us. Those of us who just had one or are beginning to try again after an ectopic are terrified and I think it would help us to read some positive outcomes. We all have our days of ups and downs, and I think it would be good to come back here to a forum filled with light after all the suffering, to remind us that there is hope for us.
Please let us know things like when was your ectopic, how far along where you, was it your first pregnancy, did you lose a tube, what kind of procedure you had, how long after did you get pregnant with a healthy baby, just some ideas. We'd love to hear your success story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Rachel

Ladies Who Have Suffered Ectopics group owner:                                             http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup 

Visit Ask A Chiropractor; my husband is a chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic   

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabersmom
by on Aug. 29, 2007 at 11:12 PM
As you can tell by my siggy, I have two ANGELS!!  Gabrielle was concieved 8 months after my ectopic and she was only 9 months old when Hunter was concieved.  I have only one tube, the other ruptured and is dangling in space as I say.  Also, part of my uterus was damaged.  I had a wonderful doctor who watched me like a hawk when I got pregnant with Gabby and for the first 5 months with Hunter.  We then moved and I had to get a new doc and found a nice one here, can't say he was great, cause I am just partial to my doc in WV. I had to have both by c-section which I don't mind and would do again, but NOT< mine are gone, well one tube is the other is tied!!  My hubby and I gave up thinking we could ever have a baby, we had a miscarriage a year prio.  We go to the piont of "f%^& it" and went out and had a time!!!  I got lit on Bud Light, my hubby got lit on Ultra and we went home and had some GREAT FUN!!!!, well guess what, Gabby was concieved!!!!.  Hunter on the other hand was actually a birthcontrol baby!!  AKA.... dining room table baby for afternoon delight!!!  LOL!!!   I learned with Gabby the more you stress about it, IT WON"T HAPPEN!!!!  I know it is hard, but RELAX!!!  enjoy life and it will come, kinda like Field of Dreams...."If you built it, he will come!" 

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

texasgirl03
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2007 at 2:15 PM
wow, thats is soo great..im really happy for you. Im new to the site, just became a member today, i guess im looking of some kind of hope after my ectopic prg. that i just went through last wk. it was really heart breaking as you all know. My Hubby and i have tryied for a yr to get prg, then we find out its an ectopic...its was just wow.....i was only 4-5wks along so luck for me my tubes could be saved, and i want to try again, but im soo scared!! so reading your success story really gives me hope!
buffyduffy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi, my name is Trish and I have a success story to share.  In June of 2005 I had an ectopic pregnancy, after ttc only once, which required emergency surgery.  My doctor performed a laparotomy and saved my tube that was just beginning to rupture.  He also removed some scar tissue (endometriosis) that he believed was the cause of the blockage.  I had 6 weeks of recovery at home and had to wait another 6 weeks to ttc.  Luckily, we found out we were pregnant on the first try, again.  Guess I'm pretty fertile.  Anyway, my ob/gyn kept a watchful eye on me and this time it implanted in the right place.  We had a healthy, beautiful boy 9 months later named Joshua.   Good luck to all!
CallumsMum
by on Nov. 23, 2007 at 11:56 PM
Hi everyone.  I joined just today and its good to see there is some support on CM for us mother's who have gone through so much.

I had an ectopic pregnancy at the age of 23  and ended up needing a laparoscopy and a fibrial expression to have the baby removed.  I got to keep my falopian tube, but I was told it was seriously scarred and if I tried to fall pregnant in the future I may have another ectopic.  Including I have endometriosis and diabetes.

I felt the odds were against me.  But last year in February I found out my SO had testicular cancer.  We both fell into little pieces.  He had one testicle removed, but before he had radiation we got randy PLUS I was on birth control.  I fell pregnant on BC and with SO on one less testicle lol.  The pregnancy was checked at 6 wks and found to be perfectly normal.  I was absolutely ecstatic even though I was scared.  We now have an 11 month old son who we absolutely adore and plan to try again mid next year.  Dont give up ladies.  It is possible!

True Blue Mums and Bubs   The Abortion Debate ProLife vs Prochoice

Breast vs Formula  FF Mothers who couldnt BF

Lica
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2007 at 12:11 PM
Hello ladies. I too have had an ectopic pregnancy...August 5th, 2007. The radiology tech stated that I was approximately 3.5 weeks along. Of course, I had to undergo emergency surgery because my left fallopian tube had already ruptured and I was bleeding internally. Talk about devastated.  Initially I was ok, but after I really sat down and processed what actually happened I can't help but get emotional. My husband and I had been trying since I last took birth control pills, 2/24/07.  So basically we were "successful" after 4 months, but not so successful...you know what I mean. I had a hysterosalpingogram to ensure that my remaining fallopian tube was intact and free of blockages. I received the ok to try to conceive again in mid-September, and it has been VERY NERVE RACKING ever since. Monitoring ovulation with ovulation predictor kits, watching for changes in cervical mucus, taking Robitussin (Guaifenesin) to make sure my cervical mucus is just right for conception, taking prenatal vitamins daily along with evening primrose oil and fish oil supplements. I never thought it would be this difficult for something that is supposed to come so naturally. I can't lie it is frustrating at times, but my husband and I both say when we are successful we are going to be so grateful for the opportunity even if we only have one child.  That will be one spoiled child and we will give God all the glory.  Stay encouraged ladies.
1stimemami
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Quoting CallumsMum:

Hi everyone.  I joined just today and its good to see there is some support on CM for us mother's who have gone through so much.

I had an ectopic pregnancy at the age of 23  and ended up needing a laparoscopy and a fibrial expression to have the baby removed.  I got to keep my falopian tube, but I was told it was seriously scarred and if I tried to fall pregnant in the future I may have another ectopic.  Including I have endometriosis and diabetes.

I felt the odds were against me.  But last year in February I found out my SO had testicular cancer.  We both fell into little pieces.  He had one testicle removed, but before he had radiation we got randy PLUS I was on birth control.  I fell pregnant on BC and with SO on one less testicle lol.  The pregnancy was checked at 6 wks and found to be perfectly normal.  I was absolutely ecstatic even though I was scared.  We now have an 11 month old son who we absolutely adore and plan to try again mid next year.  Dont give up ladies.  It is possible!

Wow thank you for sharing this with us. Thank you for encouraging us. Im glad in the end you were blessed with your little angel. What was the time frame between your ectopic and your successful pregnancy?
Congratulations.

I've started a group for ladies who have suffered ectopics:                                             Welcome: http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

Visit my husband's group Ask  A Chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic

CallumsMum
by on Nov. 24, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Thankyou thankyou :)  As I said I had my ectopic at 23.  I fell pregnant with my son when I was 27.  There is a big gap between 23 and 27 but I was on BC at the time.  So I could have fallen pregnant earlier.  But i used the chem control for my endometriosis.  Seeing I have diabetes as well (not gestational) i kind of expected to have a miscarriage or a hard pregnancy with a heavy baby.  I didnt have either.  My son weighed 7lb 12oz which is pretty light for a diabetic and I was very happy with the results.  I just found out I am pregnant again, but Im going to my chosen OB tomorrow and have an ultrasound to find out if this is another tubal.  Im a little scared.  But im probably no more than 4 weeks hopefully.  This baby wasnt planned, just a little surprise.  So here is more hope for you mummies.  I'll let you all know when I have the results.
Quoting 1stimemami:

Quoting CallumsMum:

Wow thank you for sharing this with us. Thank you for encouraging us. Im glad in the end you were blessed with your little angel. What was the time frame between your ectopic and your successful pregnancy?
Congratulations.

I've started a group for ladies who have suffered ectopics:                                             Welcome: http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

Visit my husband's group Ask  A Chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic

3kids4megbb
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Hi, I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to let you know I had my baby after an e/p. Mason Owen was born on November 9, 2007. My e/p was on October 27, 2006. I never in a million years thought 1 year after my the e/p I would be having a new baby. I was due on November 3, which was 1 year to the day of getting my staples out. The dr who preformed the surgery told me that he had never had a patient get pregnant within a year. I thought he was nuts!!! Thankfully, my Mason has proved me wrong.  Praying for all of you wonderful ladies on here and hoping your Christmas dreams come true. In this picture is my 3 kids. Madeline is 5, Jonas is 3 1/2 and Mason is almost 3 weeks.
1stimemami
by Group Owner on Nov. 29, 2007 at 11:58 PM

Quoting 3kids4megbb:

Hi, I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to let you know I had my baby after an e/p. Mason Owen was born on November 9, 2007. My e/p was on October 27, 2006. I never in a million years thought 1 year after my the e/p I would be having a new baby. I was due on November 3, which was 1 year to the day of getting my staples out. The dr who preformed the surgery told me that he had never had a patient get pregnant within a year. I thought he was nuts!!! Thankfully, my Mason has proved me wrong.  Praying for all of you wonderful ladies on here and hoping your Christmas dreams come true. In this picture is my 3 kids. Madeline is 5, Jonas is 3 1/2 and Mason is almost 3 weeks.
Aww congrats! Your children are beautiful! Thank you for sharing and giving us hope. Did you lose any tubes with your ep?

3kids4megbb
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I lost my right tube.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)