Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello New here!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 203 Total Views

Hello I am new to the group!  Here is my story!!  I found out I was pregnant on May 19th after being off of birth control since july of '08.  I was ecstatic!!  I had four positive pregnancy test so I called an OB and they weren't gonna see me till June 19th.  Well on  June 1st I started spotting brown blood so I called the OB and she said that brown blood is old blood and that it is nothing to be concerned about.  They had tested my HCG the week before and it was at 577 so she said that was good.  Well when I started spotting they checked my HCG again and it had only gone up to 707.  I was kinda worried but they said everything was ok.  So by Thursday I was still spotting and it had gotten a little red in it so I took myself to the ER.  After 4 1/2 hours in the ER, blood work and an ultrasound they discovered a mass by  my right ovary and told me that I was not gonna have this baby!!  They told me to call my OB on Monday to decided treatment options.  Well when I got up Friday morning I had passed a big blob of something so I called me OB and she said that I had  probably just miscarried and to take tylenol for pain and just take it easy.  I said ok.  Well they called me back after 10 minutes and told me to get my butt to the office ASAP that I was probably gonna have to have surgery after looking at my ultrasound.  So I found a sitter for my kids, I couldn't get a hold of my husband so my mom took me to the dr's office and they told me that they could either do the methotrxate or surgery.  They didn't think the drugs were gonna do any good cuz I was already bleeing.  So they prepped me for surgery and my husband showed up five minutes before they took me to surgery.  They were gonna go in with a laproscope and see what was going on.  Well four hours later I woke up in recovery and they said that they think I had an ectopic pregnancy.  They cut me open across my groin and remove about an inch of my right tube it was totally blocked with a mass about the size of a nickel.  They sent it off to pathology and I haven't gotten the results yet.  I stayed in the hospital friday night where they took my blood every 6 hours and I was on a pain pump and a catheter.  My hcg had dropped to 645 .  I went home about 5pm Saturday.  I have been in great pain until today.  It has subsided quite a bit today.   I just don't know why this happened to me!!  I do not know anything about whether I will be able to conceive again or not I will find all that out when I go in on Monday to get the staples out!!  I am just so bummed out about all this and most ppl I talk to act like it ain't a big deal.  So I decided to join this group for some support!!  Thanks for listening!!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BrittanyZ
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I understand what you are saying when you say some people act like it is no big deal.  A lot of people acted this way towards me after my ectopic but in truth it is a big deal.  We could have easily died from this and we survived it.  I am sorry that this had to happen to you.  It shouldn't have to happen to anybody.  Nobody deserves it.  The ladies here are here to talk though.  We all understand what you are going through because we have been there too.  Good luck to you in your recovery and just take it easy, rest and stay strong.  Our time will come to have a live, healthy baby, this just wasn't it but we can't give up...We may just delay so we can be strong and healthy when we try again.  I am going through the healing process to after going through a miscarriage as we speak and having an ectopic and tube removal 4 months ago.  I am here if you want to talk.  Email me or IM me at b_bonita21@yahoo.com 

rjscans
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:39 AM

As the previous person said we are here for you. After my ectopic this group was a great source of support. I realized i was not alone. I had the same issue with people not getting the seriousness of what happened and how i could have died from the internal bleeding. Usually when i go into detail people than get it but it is also hard to go into detail after it first happens. I also found most people don't know what an Ectopic Pregnancy is. I also ended up being cut open and still have a lovely scar to remind me everyday of what happended almost 2 years ago now. They had to remove my left tube because of all the damage. Mine happened in Oct 2006. Since than i can say things do get better and easier. I had a rough road with some ups and downs but i am now 28 weeks pregnant and am getting a great bill of health. My doc no longer considers me high risk so it can happen in the end; just might take awhile to get here.

Feel free to reach out to me or anyone in this group. That is what we are here for.

mandyjh
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I am so sorry this happened to you. all of us here know what you are going through, I had my ectopic 8 months ago, and had my right tube removed. it is very devestating, but there is no reson to give up now, I got pregnant with one try and one tube just 3 months after my ectopic, unfortantly i miscarried the baby at 9 weeks, but at least I know that not only can I still get pregnant, but so can you, stay strong hun, i hope you start feeling better soon.

Mandy

1stimemami
by Group Owner on Jun. 12, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Hi I wanted to welcome you. You are not alone and the ladies here are great. I had two ectopics now have no tubes. I dont mean that to scare you, most women get pregnant again after one ectopic no problem. You have kids too so it was likely just one of those things that happen. Mine i was told i had something called Salpingitis Isthmica Nodosa. That i was born with malformed tubes. I had to try ivf and just recently found out i was pregnant. Its still early but im praying everything will be fine. We will all get thru this one way or another. Give yourself time to heal, then things will become clearer and you will realize that you will try again more ready than ever and everything will work out.

Love,

Rachel

Ladies Who Have Suffered Ectopics group owner:                                             http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

Visit Ask A Chiropractor; my husband is a chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)