Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long to heal after ectopic? Emotionally and physically

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 351 Total Views

I had laparoscopic surgery for ruptured right tube 6/25 after failed shot on 6/11.  I lost the right tube.  I still hurt (of course that is to be expected).  The emotional hurt of loosing the baby and the tube is worse.  I am so depressed.   The left side looks fine and I have no answers as to why I got an ectopic (only risk factor maybe the c/s I had for DD).   I want more children and am so scared that will take a long time if ever (I get pregant easily.... with DD after 3rd cycle and this PG was first off BC).  I just hate not having answers and not knowing what the future will bring.   And part of me feels greedy because I should be happy that have DD which I am but I want her to have at least one sibling.  Ok so many raw emotions right now.  And am so sad not to be PG right now. 

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandyjh
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I am sorry you have had to endure such pain, I know what you are going through, I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery in Oct. 08 I also lost my right tube, it was to be my second child, I have a 3 year old son I love with all my heart, but I was completely devastated when I lost my baby and tube, There was no reason for my ectopic I have none of the risk factors, but it just happened, I also thought it would take me a long time to conceive again, but it didn't, i conceived with one try and one tube just 3 months after my surgery, unfortunately I lost the baby to a miscarriage, the babies heart stopped beating at 8 weeks, it was just as devastating, but at least I know I can get pregnant, I have been trying again 2 months now. I know it is hard to see it now with your pain so fresh, but you will make it through, the physical pain will go in a few months, but I unfortunately cannot tell you when it will leave emotionally, because it has been 9 months sense my ectopic and I still cry myself to sleep from both my losses, they still both weigh heavy on my heart and mind everyday, hang in there sweety, and I wish you all the best.

Mandy

saralee02
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I am still grieving my loss in Nov'08 and it got really bad on the EDD June 19th... I still think about it b/c of how hard it is ttc now and finding out my cousin BFF is pregnant WITHOUT ttc forever like me. It takes forever I think emotionally and psychically everyone is different

1stimemami
by Group Owner on Jul. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Im sorry you are going thru this. Heal at your own pace. The truth is in time it gets slightly easier but never forgotten. I always think about my losses one ep in June 2007 and another ep in Feb. 2008. The truth is we have no control over these things and we must keep going and never give up. Life goes on and you have a child to dedicate yourself 100% to. It hurts, but keep going and it will happen again when its supposed to God willing. I just did IVF and got pregnant im 8 weeks, im so scared but so excited at the same time. Hugs!!!

Ladies Who Have Suffered Ectopics group owner:                                             http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

Visit Ask A Chiropractor; my husband is a chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic  

ndirishgirl82
by Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I had my ectopic back in March.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.  I cried so much for so long.  I did not lose a tube but I just had the shot.  I felt like my heart had been ripped out of me and stomped on.  Thank God my son was there for me.  He was so sweet even though he was not too sure what was going on.  I found out about 4 weeks ago that I am pregnant again.  I thought it would take so much longer.  Even though I am pregnant and so excited, I still think about the baby that I lost every day.  I don't think the emotional pain ever really goes away, it just gets a little easier to deal with as the days pass.  I know that when my due date comes for my lost baby at the end of October, I am going to be a wreck.  All I can say is cry if you need to cry because it helps.  After I lost my baby, I found out there were two people I work with that were pregnant.  Plus I work in a daycare in an infant room.  It was really hard making myself go to work.  There will always be that hurt in your heart, and that is ok.  This is just not something you can bounce back from.  Like I said, even though I am pregnant again (and so thankful to God for) I still grieve over my lost baby.  I always think about how he/she will have turned out.  Just take it easy and know that some days will be harder than others.  You are allowed to have a hard time with this.  Big hugs to you.  I will keep you in my prayers.