Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What caused your ectopic?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 12:23 PM
  • 65 Replies
  • 4562 Total Views
I know i've probably asked this question to some of you individually, but I thought to put up a post where everyone can share their answers. What did the doctors tell you that caused your ectopic?
For me, I wasnt really told a reason, just general things that can cause an ectopic. Like pelvic inflammatory disease, which is infections of the pelvic area, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.. I still wonder what could have caused it for me, and what scares me is that if it was indeed an infection, how do I know that my remaining tube wasnt affected as well? Im starting to try again and I guess this is why all these questions are popping back up in my head.

I've started a group for ladies who have suffered ectopics:                                           Welcome here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabersmom
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 12:27 PM
They never gave me an answer either.  They just told me it didn't travel far enough and just landed there.  I never had infections or anything like that. 

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

cgp2007
by Member on Sep. 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM
Same thing sister!  I was told the reasons they happen and since I haven't had any diseases and the dr. saw the tube it wasn't damaged before the ectopic, she seemed to be at loss.  She said that many happen for no medical reason at all.  I personally have trouble thinking this didn't happen for a medical reason.   I have this theory and I have no proof or medical reason to think this is actually true but it is a hypothesis I suppose.  I wonder if 11 years of taking birth control of some form or another causes the eggs to be sluggish?  I want a reason for why I've had to go through this experience and I have none, so I made that up.  It makes me feel better to hang on to the possibility of it being true, even it it isn't.  Hopefully, one day we'll find out why. 

kelli25
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2007 at 1:48 PM
they never told me what happened either on the first one the second one they told me it was from the scar tissue from the surgurys
Kristenmm
by Member on Sep. 19, 2007 at 5:16 PM
The doctor told me the reason I had mine was because of some very old periods left up inside me.....and some endimetriousis(sp?).  So I guess that maybe all of that stuff was blocking that tube.  I'm guessing that must mean that my Daughter that I had before must have come from my other tube and thats why I didn't have any problems with her.

Mom to one little girl on earth and one baby in Heaven.

kristyrea
by Member on Sep. 25, 2007 at 3:13 PM

My Dr. never really gave me a reason for mine.  I also had a fibroid tumor that was the size of a golf ball at the time of the EP.  The Dr. didn't remove the tumor when he did the surgery to remove my tube, so I had to wait two months and have another surgery to remove the tumor.  By that time it had grown three times it's size.  I wonder if the tumor played a role in my EP.  I pray that you and your baby will be fine and healthy. 

savvy1
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM
My doctor actually told me that it was due to some endometriosis(SP??) that I have.  When she went in and did the surgery she could see a little bit in there.  Also she told me that it is hereditary.  My mom passed away when I was 14 so I guess I don't really know if she had an ectopic or not.  But I was told that she did by my family members.  So that might play a role in it.  Ask some family, see if they have had one....
candela0313
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2007 at 1:01 PM
I was just told that I had bad plumbing. They have checked my left tube and that one is ok. Other than that they didn't tell me anything.
3kids4megbb
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM

The only thing he could say was there was a major malformation on my right side. It had twisted all the way around. I wonder if I got pregnant before on my left side every time? Not sure. The placement of the ectopic was all the way near my ovary. HTH.

hannahsmommy470
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2007 at 3:27 AM
The doctors never told me what caused my ectopic, i just figure it was from scar tissue from my c-section.But she said that my other tube looked fine
Jesalyn724
by on Nov. 16, 2007 at 1:19 AM

my doctor said there was no medical reason for the eptopic to have occured.  i think that makes it worse. no reason for it to have happened you know. who or what do you blame?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN