• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eastern Upper Penninsula

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

Is there anyone in this area who wants some free jarred baby meats?  I get 31 jars a month from WIC and my son won't eat them (forget the fact that the smell alone makes me want to throw up).  

I am either looking for someone who can use them or a place I can donate them to.  I have about 124 more coming between now and June and I don't want them to go to waste.

I have gerber turkey and turkey gravy, ham and ham gravy, beef and beef gravy, and chicken and chicken gravy.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
saralizabeth
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I would say if you can't find anyone to take them, donate them to a local food bank or church. I'm sure they could find use for them! :)

Firenygirl180
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I was thinking I would donate them to the Salvation Army, but I may also wait until June when I no longer have benefits and just get rid of all the baby food we have that my son no longer eats all at once.

saralizabeth
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Just watch the expiration dates.....

Firenygirl180
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I believe they are all fall 2013.  I always check dates, especially at Glen's.  We don't buy milk there anymore because it is bad usually a week before its date.

We were in there january 19th and they had granola bars on sale.  most of which had expired the day before.  I told the girl at the service desk and she said they dtake care of it.  we were back a week later and the granola bars had been restocked and sure enough all the expired ones were still there.  

saralizabeth
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Ewwww!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)