Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Moms To Be?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

I am in Ann Arbor, Mi and I am expecting my SO and I's first child together in January. I already have a 2 year old from a previous marriage and he has two girls(4 and 7) from a previous marriage, we are expecting a little boy together. So Anyone Else?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djscinnabun
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
We're trying! My husband has 2 boys (ages 5 and almost 3) from a previous marriage and I have a 5 year old girl, also from a previous marriage (both our ex's were/are abusive, mostly verbal and emotional/ controlling) We're looking forward to sharing the experience together, in a happy healthy home and relationship. Congrats btw :)
Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Thank you. My ex was alright, we still talk and get along-his ex on the other hand was quite abusive to him and the children. This is our first child together, our kids have mixed feelings. My SO's 7 year old is excited, she is getting a little brother. His 4 year old daughter is a bit in between because she was the baby, and my 2 year old is SUPER excited about having a little brother. 

djscinnabun
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
It will be a great adventure for all of them, I'm sure the four year old will come around once she realizes the advantages of being a big sister (helping feed the baby, showing baby how to play, etc. all the fun stuff!)
Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Yea. We think so too. She already has a hard time with my 2 year old around, but she's coming around already.

djscinnabun
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM
My daughter is still adjusting to having two younger step brothers and sharing attention, but we hope the process of going through a pregnancy and the whole process of a more natural adjustment with a growing family will ease the transition for all three as part of a bigger blended family. We're very excited about sharing the experience with each other and the kids - I hope they'll be just as happy!

Maybe the gradual process of transition will ease your little one's hesitancy :)
JenLaTorre
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hi there....I'm Jennifer.  I have two girls, 6 and 2 and am expecting a boy in January.

Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Awww. Where in Michigan are you at?

Quoting JenLaTorre:

Hi there....I'm Jennifer.  I have two girls, 6 and 2 and am expecting a boy in January.

djscinnabun
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

We just found out we're finally expecting!!! (Fall 2013) and your due date is coming up quickly! Wishing you a blessed New Year with your new little one on the way :)

Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Thank you. Congrats to you two as well. We are thinking he wil be here by Christmas or New Years....

djscinnabun
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

That would be awesome - do you have a name picked? We already settled on our two favorites (though we're both thinking ours will be a he) Aiden David for a boy, Jordan Lee for a girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)