Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Summer....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

We are moving to Grand Rapids, BF just told me that he's been offered a space for his company up there. I've never been up there. How is it? He's been working hard these last few days to get everything done and ready before our new baby comes on Friday. He's already started looking up there. It's only a 3 hour drive from where we are now. I have a few friends who live up there, but they aren't mommy friends. So who is up in Grand Rapids? Are there play groups/mommy groups? I'll have a 3 year old son and by that time a 5-6 month old little boy. We are moving up there June 1st.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AnnaNonamus
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd recommend looking for a smaller community near GR, vs living IN Gr. The city has a lot to offer, but schools are not one of the good aspects. There are museums, a nice zoo, and they host a lot of great festivals.

Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Thank you. We were looking at a place just outside of GR. Are there any Michigan Mommy's who live that way?

AndrewsMommy01
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in Rockford it is nice here. It is about 15 mins or so north of GR depending on the traffic. Like a pp said GR schools are not the best. Rockford has an awesome school district if you choose this area. Also Grandville/Jenison area is pretty good and has some decent schools.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

AnnaNonamus
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in Sparta, though I live in Lansing now. Sparta has a strong school program, Comstock Park is decent. Kentwood is nice, but it's a BIG district. East Grand Rapids has a great program as well, and as AndrewsMommy posted, Rockford is great, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)