Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guerilla Marketing for Moms: Tradeshows

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
Not all booth space at exhibits are the same - you may be paying the same per sqare foot but the difference is in the location on the floor; there are good locations and bad locations. Good locations are located near highest traffic areas such as the main entrance, middle rows, near escalators , elevators and bathrooms. You migh also want to be located near a larger vendor that will attract lots of traffic. Bad locations are usually in faraway corners. When booking yourself in a tradeshow you usually can choose your booth location.

It is key to ask for a floor map and ask questions, lots of questions! You want to know what other vendors are attending, who may be there with a similar product, where are the larger vendors located, where are the bathrooms (there is always a line at the women's bathroom, you can strategically park yourself near the closest bathroom.

HOW TO GET THE MOST OUR OF YOUR TRADESHOW

***Get some pre-show attention. Before the show, send a letter or postcard (vistprint has them free all the time) to key customers with an overview of what you will be offering at the tradeshow. Mention any promotions, giveaways, pradwings, etc to entice them to visit your booth. Be sure to include your booth number

***Create a booth presentation that will make passer-bys curious. I usually use ballons which customers will pop for some special gift, giveaway, discount, etc. and I make sure my helpers make tons of noise when a ballon is popped. We have gained popularity as the ULITIMATE PARTY GIRLS.

***While you are that th eshow be sure to welcome all buyers into your space. Talk to everyone who passes your booth and invite them to try your product. Tell them about your great specials, have them leave their contact info for your free drawing. Your goal should be to establish new relationships and open new customer accounts.

***Be prepared! Have the following items on hand:
Receipt books, order forms, stapler, folders for orders, product sheets/handouts, business cards, bowl of candies for visitors, promotional giveaways, product samples, extra packing tape, pens, pens, pends, and a dolly if possible.

****dress for comfort but look professional. My girls and I wear black shirts and black apron with rhinestone logos on the front, jeans and black sneakers. We look comfortable and uniform.

***don't leave your booth unattended. so this means you will not work alone. A minimum of 3 people are necessary to run a successful booth.

Leave your fears at the door and get ready to work your stuff.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BlueyedsrfrMom
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:12 AM
This is great advice! I am actually doing a "show" in May. I'm a vendor at this year's "Fun with Chalk" Italian Street Painting Festival in Mission Viejo, CA. If you are in the area, you should come check us out!
BeautifulDiva
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Wish I could, but I'm in Connecticut right now.
verobran
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 10:38 AM
Thanks for the post.  I am actually doing my first Bridal Expo next Sunday and I am going to follow these tips.

THANKS A Million!
jakey
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Thank you, for this tip, I will pass this own to other consultant in my area.
tracygreenphoto
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 11:59 AM
What a great post! Thanks for all the info, and tips. If I ever do a tradeshow I will definitely look back on your advice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)