Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoos while nursing?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 208 Total Views
is it safe? will he get any ink? haha I know I must sound like the dumbest broad ever! but i wanted to get a lil tattoo with his name and a heart on the back of my neck, Hes 8 and a half weeks, and I was just curious if I should wait till Im done nursing or if its fine?
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
evasmamma
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Have fun getting ink! No problem getting it done if you're breastfeeding still! I had the same question while I was breast feeding my daughter. My midwife said there would be NO problem getting it done. She said she didn't recommend getting it done on the actual nipple, but anywhere else would be fine. It's not a stupid question...you're just taking all precautions as possible. Have fun and take pictures! I wanna see it when you get it done =)
Adja70
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 1:29 PM
I just got 2 tattoos this past week and I asked my tat artist if i cn still BF after i get my tat...
he said no that it's not safe... he didn't tell me why but I'm going for a touch up and I'll ask ..let you know,,
but since i got it i stopped BF
NaomiMonster
by Member on Jul. 9, 2007 at 12:28 AM
Personally I would wait - even with a great artist you still risk infection. If it's just you - that's the risk we all take when getting ink. But if you're BFing then your risking baby too. I'd say just wait - you'll still want that awsome ink when baby if off the booby :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)