Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CRAZY MOTHER

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

to make a long story short my boyfriend and I broke up for a couple months while i was pregant, he did some stupid shit and now we are back together. I have forgiven him and he knows he better be kissing my ass if he wants to stay in my life....However, my mother is driving me crazy. I swear talking about how terrible he is is her new obsession. "HE NEVER BATHES, HE SMELLS, HE LOOKS AWFUL, HIS CLOTHES ARE TERRIBLE, blah blah blah..." She says he is an asshole and a piece of shit all the time and I have heard it so many times from her that I block it out completely. all she cares about is how he looks and what he does. She makes it so difficult for me to take my baby over to her dads house. I always get a million completely ridiculous excuses why I can't or why she doesn't like it.... and then when I said if you don't let me go then I am letting him take her she was like WELL I HAVE GAURDIANSHIP. umm I never gave her any kind of authority over my daughters life and that REALLY got me going. She refuses to let me take her to his house fro christmas, to go see his family, or anything. she always says she is leaving where we live and moving somwhere far away and i say im not leaving and she says I have to because i am only 16 and then when i say i will move out anyway she threatens to take custody away from me. she is riding my last nerve and i dont know how much longer I can deal with it. I think I have a permanent headache. and this isn't my "im 16 and my mom is out to get me ramble" she really is insane like this.

I don't even have a clue what to do, I have tried talking but that only leads to "oh you think im the bad guy and his shit doesn't stink" and stupid shit like that. I am at a loss here. I turn seventeen in january so do i push thru this last year while i finish my college? do I leave?

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MandyUnrath
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:36 AM

I think it sucks that your mom hates your boyfriend so much.  Are you able to get family counseling?  If your insurance covers it I would try to go with your mom and your boyfriend.  It can really help if you're willing to go.  Some people are dead set against it, but i got my husband to go because i told him it was for the well-being of our child.  it's greatly improved our marriage, and i am very open about it and so is he.  lots of people like to act like they don't need help, but nobody's perfect.  i hope your situation improves and try to hang in there.

Youngblood23
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I dealt with a similar situation.  when you talk with her, when she starts going off, piss her off and also help the situation by pointing out all the positive things he has done.  everytime she says something negative, throw something positive back in her face.  it helped us a lot.

vintageGlamurrr
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM

if your really worried about her trying to take gaurdianship, and this is only a last resort that may not even be worth it because of how old you are, but take her to court and have yourself declared as an adult and get out of there.  I had a friend do that when she was 15 and her mother was trying to legally adopt the baby as her own. I agree with the last to posters for now, maybe trying to go stay at another family members for a little bit if there is an option for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)