Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your child do?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 2:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 434 Total Views
My daughter is 5 years old (will be april 7th) she loves her drama lessons as well as dance class.  She also enjoys singing.  She likes the piano and she will start taking lessons next year we will see what she thinks of that next year.  She just loves being the center of attentions so performing is so great for her creativity as well as harnessing her need for attention into something positive.  What does your child or children enjoy doing?
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
behomelikeme
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2007 at 3:41 PM
What a great idea for a group.  My 3 and a half year old is definitely a DRAMA queen!  Everyone keeps telling me she should be in movies or commercials but I have never looked into it.
She loves her ballet/gymnastics class, playing her PINK guitar and creating lyrics to any tune she hears :)
She also has a great imagination creating stories, dramatic play around the house etc. 
I wish I could get organized enough to create a journal of all her funny statements etc.
I look foward to talking with you and other moms about our little DRAMA queens and kings. :)
MIchelle
www.BeHomeToo.biz
kristi95
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 8:42 AM
I have 2 drama queens in my house, 13yo & 4 yo dds.  They both love to sing and dance.  My oldest is in her 3rd school play this weekend.  My youngest is preparing for a dance recital this spring.  My oldest is also preparing to sing a solo at a local musical festival.  We have done many choir concert solos, dance recitals, musicals, musical theater, drama club, talent shows, you name it.  But it's only a hobby for my girls.   It is a lot of fun!  Every night is karoake night at our house during American Idol Season!

Thanks for starting this group.

Kristi
dancinqueen
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2007 at 3:11 AM
Hi, I'm Erica.

I am passing the torch to my two girls.  I have grown up in the theatre and also owned a dance studio for 10 years.  My oldest, Cassidy, 11, had always been involved in our recitals but recently had her first musical experience in School House Rock Live, Jr. and now we are in rehearsals for a youth theatre dance production of Peter and the Wolf.  My 3 year old loves to imitate mom and her big sis and dance around the living room.  She loves it when I let her watch rehearsals.  I don't have pics on my computer yet but when I do, I will share.
katena
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM
What show is the 13 year old doing?
Emeraldfire
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2007 at 2:16 PM
Hi Everyone, I have a 14 year old that loves to act. We live in a small town so opportunities are limited but this week Missoula Childrens Theater is here and my daughter well be in the play Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs tomorrow, She loves to sing, dance and act. She says she would like to do Broadway someday but not movies so much. When she was little we lived in California and we had an agent offer to get her an Osh Kosh ad, I declined because I wanted her to have a normal childhood and make that decision herself. Now it looks like she is deciding exactly what I tried to keep her away from all those years ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)