Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope Solo

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 379 Total Views
Saw in an interview she said in her book Maks slapped her. Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2kids19yrsapart
by Group Owner on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Maks and the DWTS producers have denied it, and are contacting lawyers.  Even though I don't like him, I don't think he did it, and I think she is seeking publicity.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I like Maks. I doubt she would make it up. She would have cameramen to back I up. She had on her mic etc.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Maks and the DWTS producers have denied it, and are contacting lawyers.  Even though I don't like him, I don't think he did it, and I think she is seeking publicity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Wow, he has a little bit of a temper but I can't see him slapping her. Why is she bringing it up now and not when it happened and in a book? Pretty stupid to put in her book unless she has some evidence or she could be prone to a major lawsuit.  And to think I was happy when she was on because I wanted a female soccer player (although she wasn't my choice). She is the one with the temper as well, she went off on a past USA coach in the media because he benched her.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Yelling at someone happens a lot. Slapping someone isn't right. I doubt she would lie in a book.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

Wow, he has a little bit of a temper but I can't see him slapping her. Why is she bringing it up now and not when it happened and in a book? Pretty stupid to put in her book unless she has some evidence or she could be prone to a major lawsuit.  And to think I was happy when she was on because I wanted a female soccer player (although she wasn't my choice). She is the one with the temper as well, she went off on a past USA coach in the media because he benched her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy430
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I've saw him slap someone on the butt before. I think it was Brandy. I am not positive though. He does have a bad temper though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelley83
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Why put it in a book?? To sell it that's why! Did he slap her? I don't know. I highly doubt it though. Every hour of their rehearsals are filmed so I'm sure it's easy to prove or disprove. I really just don't see him doing it because outside of dancing with the stars he has dance programs in a few different states. Why would he do something stupid like this and take a chance on ruining his business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I know its to sell books but if she doesn't have proof then to put in a book is stupid because Maks can sue her for slander.

Quoting Shelley83:

Why put it in a book?? To sell it that's why! Did he slap her? I don't know. I highly doubt it though. Every hour of their rehearsals are filmed so I'm sure it's easy to prove or disprove. I really just don't see him doing it because outside of dancing with the stars he has dance programs in a few different states. Why would he do something stupid like this and take a chance on ruining his business.

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Exactly. She would sell books regardless. No upside to lie in the book and get sued.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

I know its to sell books but if she doesn't have proof then to put in a book is stupid because Maks can sue her for slander.

Quoting Shelley83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I would like to see some proof of this as in many cases there is her side, his side and the truth. Maks has often been  yelling at his partners, adjusting their bodies to show them how the body should look. I really can't see him coming out and slapping her across the face with a camera crew there with video and audio. 

2kids19yrsapart
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM

She has said cameras were present, and they "lost" the footage.  She said she didn't want to hit him back.  She also offered Maks tickets to one of the Olympic soccer games in which the USA was playing.  Ummmm, I was hit by my ex husband, and as soon as I could get away, I never looked back!!  I would have never offered him anything!!!  She is (was) still friends with Maks (until the book came out).  Things just don't add up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)