Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brooke Burke has cancer

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
Saw on the Today Show she will have surgery soon for thyroid cancer. Doctor is convenienced she will be cured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Wolffie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I saw that in USA Today this morning. Iwouldn't wish cane of any kind on my worst enemy. But do you think they'll get Carson Kressley to fill in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2kids19yrsapart
by Group Owner on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, they said they caught it early.  She still needs surgery, and she is worried about a scar on her neck (REALLY???).  I think I would be more worried about beating the cancer, and being around for my kids than a little scar!!

PestPatti
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Yes, they said they caught it early.  She still needs surgery, and she is worried about a scar on her neck (REALLY???).  I think I would be more worried about beating the cancer, and being around for my kids than a little scar!!

Of course she is worried about a "scar",   her looks are what she is all about.

Shelley83
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Welll.. considering she gets paid for her LOOKS and that is partly how she supports her KIDS, I can understand that fear.  The scar for a thyroidectomy is right in front of the neck and pretty much impossible to cover. 

Journey311
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM

My mom had surgery on her thyroid almost 4 years ago, and her scar is still really noticeable, however I'm sure Brooke can find a plastic surgeon to make it go away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)