Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not good at scrapbooking but I enjoy it

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:49 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 371 Total Views
I love to scrapbook, it so much cooler than just plain old photo albums, but I am not very good at it.  My pages are just pretty pages with maybe some words and tons of pictures.  I am a photo-aholic though so I have four pics of everything that my kids ever do. 
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OKmomma
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:41 AM
I can totally relate.  Scrapbooking for me started just as something more creative than sticking my photos in a photo album, and I take TONS of pictures of my kids.  My first pages were just full of stickers.  I'm getting a little better, but still not as good as what are in the magazines.  But like you said, its fun!
ncsandi
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 7:40 AM
You need to do your books in the style you like.  I think I have improved as I've done more but I am still happy wth my first book.
mimomoftwins
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 8:30 AM
The best thing I found to get better is to take a class.  Most scrapbook stores hold classes and you only have to buy the materials.  Some even have open scrap times that don't cost anything but have employees there to answer questions.  For me it's easier to plan my pages when I can walk around with the pictures and look at all the paper and stickers. 
shelly312007
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM

This is called the power layout kit.  I have found this helfpful when trying to figure out how I want me book to look on ever page.

With the exclusive Power Layouts® concept, you can plan and layout an entire album in about two hours.

Includes

• 1 Power Layouts Kit box and cover
• 15 durable polypropylene guides
• 1 bilingual instruction booklet

Features

• Photo-safe
• Holds up to 30 guides
• Guides are sized to layout up to a 12 x 12 album page
• Additional guides sold separately

sbdl73
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:39 PM
Thats ok. When i first started my pages were a little funny looking, but as i went along they got better. As you do pages you will think of new ideas. And as long as your having fun and your creating memories, thats all that matters.  So have fun!!!!!!!
scrappermom7
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 1:51 PM
I wasnt good at it either when I first started but you get better and more creative as you go.  You can check out diynetwork.com - they have a great scrapbook section and papercraftsmag.com has some great free ideas too.
PennyD
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM
I actually enjoyed going back and redoing some of my "not-so-good" pages after a few years.  It's nice to be able to see your own progress also!

Penny
GreenAngel
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 8:45 PM
The more you do, the better you get.  My rule is that there are no rules.  If you're happy with your pages then who cares?
Rougejenna
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 4:55 PM
I wasn't that great at it at first either.  I have been working ...SLOWLY...  on a book just for things in 2006.  I started it Christmas 2005 and see the first 2 pages I di and what I am doing now and it's so funny to see how much better I've become at scrapbooking.

I suggest getting a magazine there are TONS of them out there and any one is great to give you hint tips and ideas on scrapping.  ALSO HGTV has a scrapping section with videos from the programs as well.

Jenna
mrsaprilmayc
by on Apr. 4, 2007 at 11:52 PM
I have a couple pages of pure genius within my book of tons of pictures. Since we take so many pictures, it would take FOREVER to scrap with just a couple pictures on each page. At least that's my logic. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)