Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I need a Midwife

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 236 Total Views
Do i need a midwife?  Has anyone had a home birth without a midwife?  I want to know how to cut the cord and I think I can do it.  I mean I am already 27 weeks and I'm thinking I could just save $3000 or more without a midwife.

DueInOctober.gifbathtimea1.gifthinkinpinka1.gifilovemylittleboy.gifBSM_Pregnant_witha_Girl.gif

Lilypie Baby Ticker

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
b_light
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:29 PM
I personally think its much better to have a midwife. But some people do have unassisted births. Google "unassisted childbirth" and you'll get loads of results.

b_light
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Sorry, double post.

3crowleyboys
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2007 at 8:37 PM
My husband would freak if I brought up us not using our midwife.
Look at www.youtube.com they have some really awesome movies of people and their homebirths. Truley touching and amazing!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MamaChels
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2007 at 6:15 PM
www.empoweredchildbirth.com/articles/html has a lot of great info on it.. has answers to your questions..
I personally choose unassisted childbirth but thats me.. I dont want someone telling me what to do and stuff like that. I want to be the one in control and do what my body tells me what to do.. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any. I am planning an unassisted childbirth for the next baby. I had a horrible hospital experience with the birth of my son, Carson.
whitestone
by on Aug. 12, 2007 at 11:08 AM
We had an unplanned unassisted home birth with my first. Actually my DH was praying that he could do it himself, and as an answer to his prayers, the midwife was away in MI at a conference. So, he got to deliver ds #1, with the midwife helping via phone.. Our #2 son we had the midwife there, which my DH was glad for, because my baby's hand was up by his face, causing him to be stuck in the birth canal for awhile. The MW knew how to make me change positions so he would be able to be born faster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)