Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable) Modded w/ 3.93 m33-3 CFW

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2008 at 3:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 439 Total Views
Ok, so I'm looking at buying a used PSP from craig's list.  It says it's been "modded" with the above-mentioned hack.  Does anyone know if this would affect the regular functions of the machine?  Will it make it run weird or anything?

by on Jun. 13, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
astrozombies
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM
man, too bad this post is a day late! I just traded my PSP slim in yesterday! I would've sold it to you=] My PSP had MAYBE(!) 10 hours of play on it.

but back to your question, here's the info on the hack--

Uses the 3.93 kernel
Implemented all the original custom firmware features.
Ability to use the normal recovery inside the XMB by pressing the HOME button:
When in the recovery, the system is suspended, and you can change all options directly.
All options work immediately, there is no need to reboot (even the Slim’s USB charging option)
Ability to make a Pandora battery from the recovery, read and restore the EEPROM, etc. Providing that the motherboard supports it.
Ability to hide the MAC address in System Information, if you do so, the MAC will show visually as all 0’s.
Ability to save the savegames in normal format, rather then encrypted (only functions in March33 and Sony NP9960 mode).
The native 3.93 pops isn’t as good as the previous pops
1.50 Kernel Add On:

Install kernel 1.50 on a PSP Fat. To use the 1.50 kernel for an application, you’ll absolutely need to put the kernel to 1.50, even if the application is in the GAME150 directory. If you change the kernel in VSH Recovery, you’ll still need a reboot.
The new recovery has this two asked features:
Suspend device
Shutdown device Also, you get a higher compatibility with 3.93 required games (if there are any.)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
fallenleaves
by Member on Jun. 18, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Quoting astrozombies:

man, too bad this post is a day late! I just traded my PSP slim in yesterday! I would've sold it to you=] My PSP had MAYBE(!) 10 hours of play on it.

but back to your question, here's the info on the hack--

Uses the 3.93 kernel
Implemented all the original custom firmware features.
Ability to use the normal recovery inside the XMB by pressing the HOME button:
When in the recovery, the system is suspended, and you can change all options directly.
All options work immediately, there is no need to reboot (even the Slim’s USB charging option)
Ability to make a Pandora battery from the recovery, read and restore the EEPROM, etc. Providing that the motherboard supports it.
Ability to hide the MAC address in System Information, if you do so, the MAC will show visually as all 0’s.
Ability to save the savegames in normal format, rather then encrypted (only functions in March33 and Sony NP9960 mode).
The native 3.93 pops isn’t as good as the previous pops
1.50 Kernel Add On:

Install kernel 1.50 on a PSP Fat. To use the 1.50 kernel for an application, you’ll absolutely need to put the kernel to 1.50, even if the application is in the GAME150 directory. If you change the kernel in VSH Recovery, you’ll still need a reboot.
The new recovery has this two asked features:
Suspend device
Shutdown device Also, you get a higher compatibility with 3.93 required games (if there are any.)

Does anyone actually understand all that? lol! Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't even know people did stuff like that. What's the poi t?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)