Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer Quotes

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 759 Total Views

Faith in a prayer-hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian.  Andrew Murray

He who has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life.   William Law

We must alter our lives in order to alter our hearts, for it is impossible to live one way and pray another.  William Law

If you can't pray a door open, don't pry it open.   Lyell Rader

Our greatest victories are won on our knees and with empty stomachs.
Julio C. Ruibal

Prayer is surrender - surrender to the will of God and cooperation with that will. If I throw out a boathook from the boat and catch hold of the shore and pull, do I pull the shore to me, or do I pull myself to the shore? Prayer is not pulling God to my will, but the aligning of my will to the will of God.      Eli E. Stanley Jones

If we truly love people, we will desire for them far more than it is within our power to give them, and this will lead us to prayer: Intercession is a way of loving others.     Richard J. Foster

The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.
Samuel Chadwick

The angel fetched Peter out of prison, but it was prayer that fetched the angel.   Thomas Watson

No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. The pulpit can be a shop window to display one's talents; the prayer closet allows no showing off.       Leonard Ravenhill

The trouble with nearly everybody who prays is that he says "Amen" and runs away before God has a chance to reply. Listening to God is far more important than giving Him your ideas.      Frank Laubach

If you are having difficulty loving or relating to an individual, take him to God. Bother the Lord with this person. Don't you be bothered with him - leave him at the throne.      Charles (Chuck) Swindoll

Rich is the person who has a praying friend.     Janice Hughes

Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?     Corrie Ten Boom

When life knocks you to your knees, and it will, why, get up! If it knocks you to your knees again, as it will, well, isn't that the best position from which to pray?    Anonymous

When a Christian shuns fellowship with other Christians, the devil smiles. When he stops studying the Bible, the devil laughs. When he stops praying, the devil shouts for joy.     Corrie Ten Boom

When you face the perils of weariness, carelessness, and confusion, don't pray for an easier life. Pray instead to be a stronger man or woman of God.     Luis Palua

by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
godsproperty07
by Group Owner on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I have heard some of these before, but not all od them. LOVE THEM. Thanks for sharing sis!! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)