Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parent not saying one thing!

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
So my son ( 4yrs old) suddenly came down with a fever Sunday night....which wasn't too surprising because my daycare kids have been continuously getting sick and parents dropping off anyways with excuses of teething and minimizing.

Anyways my own 4 yr old ended up having a febrile seizure...two actually! In the same day! So I alerted everyone via text message that we were closed the next day... that's what their preference is with communication.

No response from half my parents.I Didn't care. I was in the hospital with my son.So this morning a Dad comes in super early rushing his kids to get their shoes off and complained to me that he had to get downtown to find a parking spot.

Yeah...my son was in the hospital. Is this just the norm now? I've been a provider for 14 yrs and it seems like the last about 5 yrs or so parents have become so shitty! Pardon my language but that's the truth...in my area anyways.
by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Baby4us09
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM
I haven't had that happen. Hopefully I don't. I did have a new parent show up on a day off. I even have him a sheet with all my days off. Oh well. Over all I have good families. Hopefully your day gets better.
myshoes
by Member on Jul. 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM
So sorry to hear about your son's seizure. I can't imagine how scary that would be. People don't even read thru communication, it seems. They skim, pick out what impacts them and move on.
I hope your son has been ok since this happened. I am sure it makes fevers scarier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)