Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evil child says "I LOVE MAKING BAD CHOICES!!!"

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 140 Total Views

In our daycare we talk about what are good choices and bad choices. When people in books make bad or good choice's I ask " was that a good choice or a bad choice, children?" the kids respond accordingly. When a child hurts another child, the ending problem solving technique is , " X, that was a bad choice because of ________, lets start making good choices"

Anyways, this one kid who is almost 3, said he LOVES making bad choices. He keeps on doing hurtful things to other children for attention and brags to his parents about how he makes bad choices. I don't know what else to do other then point out when he makes good choices and how good it feels to do them.

What else can I do? Thanks!

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rhymia
by Kate in New York on Jun. 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM

He IS looking for attention, and it sounds as if he will do whatever gets him the most.

What is his currency? What does he excel at? He needs someone to be on top of him, supervision wise (so he's not close enough to hurt peers), and giving him good positive attention for things. I would ignore when he says he likes to make bad choices or respond minimally with a "um, okay" and change the subject. He KNOWS it gets your goat. So a "I LIKE making bad choices!" would be met with a "okay, hey, let's do some paint/playdoh/waterplay!"  and move him along. Maybe taking the attention away from his statements will help. Good luck!

cubbies23
by Jennifer in Indiana on Jun. 21, 2017 at 3:10 PM

I agree with Rhymia. He is looking for attention. Redirect his attention to something else.

Baby4us09
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Maybe he isn't getting the attention be needs and deserves at home unless he is making " bad choices"?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)