Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just cant go anymore

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

This past week has been my breaking point. Finals week in school. Im no longer friends w/ my bestfriend over something stupid. My dd is teething. work, cleaning. Im exshausted. Im drained. I dont know if I can physically take anymore. My boyfriend is trying 2 help but he works full time too. My dd will only sleep if shes in the bed w/ me. I just dont know what 2 do. Im so emotional b/c im so tired & usually i would go 2 my friend but I cant I realize i just cant have people like her in my life

what do u do when u get to this point. I want 2 sleep but im just sooo stressed it keeps me up. I dont want 2 take anything b/c my dd sleeps w/ me & i wanna wake up if she gets up

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
4boysandadog
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Honey, I know how you feel....been there, but you ahve to take a step out of the box for a second and breath....Life is NOT so important to get so stressed out that it effects your health....as for your DD, you have to be strong and find a way to make her sleep in HER bed...I know easier said than done, but once you get over the hoop, it will get easier....I also recently (few months ago) let go of somebody who was suppose to be my best friend, that pain will ease too, just keep telling your self the reason you let them go...it was for the best...I'm sending you hugs and though we don't know each other, if you need a shoulder giv eme a shout!!

CleanSweepQueen
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I recently heard someone say that "Life is too short to not live in the moment."  Meaning ..... when you're in school, BE in school and put everything else out of your mind.  When you are going to bed at night ..... take some time to wind down from your hectic day ...... take a hot bath (maybe treat yourself to some new bath salts or bubble bath).  When you get to bed, if you find you can't quiet the "Tomorrow I have to do this, this and this and then of course there's those phone calls I need to make and make sure I get up by such and such a time, etc, etc." ....... try listening to some calming music or get one of those nature sounds alarm clocks and listen to the ocean or babbling brook.

As for your daughter, give her a positive reward for going to bed (in her own bed) and staying there.  Maybe one night she can stay up a bit later, or she can sleep with mommy on the weekends, or she can have a playmate over on one of your days off, or a play day at McDonald's or something else that she loves to do but doesn't always get to do it.  Positive rewards have always worked better with my kids than the pleading, or the punishments, or the "Do it now because I said so" approach.

As for the cleaning, it sounds like you just need to give yourself a break in that area right now.  Get done what you realistically can during the day, but treating yourself well is much better than running yourself ragged to the point that you are not there for your daughter.  Keep up with the cleanliness of the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry and the rest ..... do as you can.

Lastly, remember that 100 years from now, none of this will matter.  What will matter is how you treated others and your relationship with God.  Like the saying goes .... "Let go and .... Let God!"  Do what you can and He will take care of the rest.  I learned this the hard way and because of it, I had many days where I was exactly where you are right now.  I was stressed to my breaking point, screaming at my kids all the time, bitter because I had no time for myself, angry at my husband who didn't seem to care.  My house was in a constant state of chaos to the point that I actually got scared when someone would knock on our front door because that meant they may see what our house actually looked like inside ...... and I hated who I and my life had become.  Now, I realize that when you do what you can and give the rest up to God, He really does take care of it and He WILL get your through it  ...... always.

marisab
by on May. 17, 2009 at 2:41 AM

i know the feeling!!!i am the sole support for my family and sometime si feel like i have to do everything.some days i feel like i have come close to losin my mind!!!luck for me i havemt.lets add each other so we can talk if needed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)