Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She does the work for me?!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

I am really trying to look on the bright side of this situation.

I told Head Coach that I would not be splitting up the mid school squad fjor winter coz there are only 12 of them.  I had been going into the AD office 2-3 times/wk. to see if the schedules were done. Head Coach said she was impatiently waiting for them too. She got them before I did & she text me to say she wanted to drop off the schedules at my house, I  told her the kids were sick so she emailed them to me. She scheduled practices w/all of the squads, the reason has yet to be seen,  games, matches & she split the squad in two -so they weren't too busy!

I am glad to have had the work done for me but I would have liked to have had some say in this.

I really don't know if I want to do this w/her next yr. I am thinking of putting together an all star squad. There isn't one in this area. We have a midget football team & they have cheerleaders til 7th gr. Ppl have said we should have one, but I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Thanks for letting me vent.

I really am trying to look on the bright side of things & go w/the flow.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
XtremeCheerMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I could put you in touch with a couple of people in my area who might have great advice on starting an allstar team.  You would have a whole lot more work and higher expectations placed on you, but it might be worth it to not have to deal with her and to be able to run your OWN program.  My girls' allstar coaches are wonderful and I would trust them to have accurate and helpful information.

mountainmama69
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Thanks again for the uplifting advice. I am really trying to flow. My girls parents are all ticked off coz the practices she sched are 5-7, thats not a problem for her girls, who can drive, but parents are making alot of trips & we live in a rural area. I am focusing on the girls and having a great time. I will look into the all star squad & see if I have a serious interest.

Keep writing. I am learning so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)