Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recreaction cheer question

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 456 Total Views

I am new to my recreations cheer committee. Do any of you deal with recreation? Where do you get uniforms. Right now we charge a 90 fee and get new uniforms every year. The girls get to keep them at the end of the season. When I was in recreation we always reused uniforms and that way the registration fee is lower. What do you all think??

Mommy to 4!!
Jennifer

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jaimesue
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Wow!  I've never coached rec league but was in one in 6th grade (back in 1988) and the cost was $110 then.  I think you are doing well with $90.  What state are you in?

3girls4mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Google cheerleading uniforms or youth cheerleading uniforms and a whole bunch of good sites will come up for you to choose a uniform from......most are fairly low cost too....I think it's great that they get to keep their uniforms!

Miller1611
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I think it is great. My son's soccer was 140 for parks and rec!

DancerMomof2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM

People who live in the city limits pay less for our rec. dept.

It's normally $70 for city limits  $90 outside city limits.

jlariscey
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I'm in SC. Our rec. fees are currently $90. That includes the girls uniforms. I'm thinking we need to start reusing uniforms. We don't want to go up on rec. fees. I'm not having any luck finding a uniform under $50. What are your thoughts on reusing uniforms??

Mommy to 4!!
Jennifer

GreersMommy
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I have been doing rec cheer for four years and trust me re-using is not the way to go. I give parents the option to buy an old uniform from a past parent but, I don't collect uniforms or anything like that. I tell them they are in charge if they want to buy new ones. I ordered my competitive cheer sleeves from Chasse.com and found they offer the same items at a cheaper price. I will probably use them next year. Right now though we are with GTM and have been very happy with them. They have the best bows!

allhalls
by on Feb. 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I live in VA and coached for the first time last year. We have a $25 reg. fee and then they pay another $45 for uniform rental and they get new spanks, socks, and hair bows that they keep. Most of my moms said they would have paid more to be able to keep the uniforms. Since I had the youngest age group there were lots of first timers and the moms wanted to keep their first uniforms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)