Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what else? need more help!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

I know....I'm very needy right now, I'm sorry, but I'm hoping someone out there might have some great ideas that I am absolutely drawing a blank on.  One of my cheerleaders, a junior, is moving to Illinois at the end of the week.  I want to give her a basket with special items but cannot think of anything to put in it!!!  Of course I'll have pictures, frames, mementos from our school, but I don't want it to all be a "cry, wah wah, we'll miss you forever" kind of gift, if you know what I mean?  My husband thinks we should do a "care" package for her trip, stuff she can use on the trip there.  They are driving from Oregon to Illinois.  Any ideas?  I'm already putting together a DVD montage of her last 2 years on the team (I wasn 't coaching her freshman year).  TIA!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ceemuhreeashbee
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM

If you want to steer a little bit away from pics of the team and dvd (I mean along with those)..

You could throw in a mini 'spa' kit, like a towel in one of your school's colors (red, right?), Bath beads or salt, lotion.. yada yada (I went to WalMart and make a kit like that for about $15)- again, all the stuff could be in your school's colors.

You could have all the girls on the team pick a song they like and make a CD for her with all those songs on it (sort of another way to remember each girl)

Nothing spectacular, I know lol, but hey! I'm always the first to respond so I had to! :D

XtremeCheerMom
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM

That's awesome, thank you!!  I am so bummed to be losing her, I've had a few quit, some causing drama whom I WISH would quit (lol) and just lost an injured senior for the year.  :o(  Losing another girl is just not something I'm ready to do!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)