Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Camp!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

Have you ladies decided on a camp yet?

I'm still looking since a ton of people are getting laid off around here I'm stuck on not going to a 4 day camp just a 3 day.  UCA or NCA we have done both.  Where are you guys going to camp?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceemuhreeashbee
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM

UCA in July

coachblank
by Group Owner on Apr. 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM

UCA all the way!! As a former UCA staff member I highly recommend. Staff is highly trained and the best safety around

DancerMomof2
by Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I was UCA staff in colllege what year did you do it???

coachblank
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM

97- 01 I was UCA staff. Where are you from?

XtremeCheerMom
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

We're going to NCA in July, my favorite by far and I've been to UCA, NCA, USA and one other I can't think of at this moment, lol. 

DancerMomof2
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I live in South Carolina.... but grew up in Louisiana  You?

Quoting coachblank:

DancerMomof2
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I think we are going to NCA this year.  They are having a resort camp this year in Myrtle Beach SC.   Has anyone ever been to a resort camp.  Whats the difference? 

Quoting XtremeCheerMom:

We're going to NCA in July, my favorite by far and I've been to UCA, NCA, USA and one other I can't think of at this moment, lol. 

coachblank
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2009 at 12:15 PM

I am in Missouri

Quoting DancerMomof2:

I live in South Carolina.... but grew up in Louisiana  You?

Quoting coachblank:

XtremeCheerMom
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM

A coaching friend of mine goes to resort camps (not NCA, though) and the biggest difference is that instead of staying in dorms you're at a hotel or nicer facility.  They had to pay more for meals (they weren't included in the cost) and the days weren't as long because they left to eat and had time to do other "fun" stuff (extra besides the fun of camp).   Not sure about NCA resort camps....I can't wait to hear because I've looked into them but NCA camp is 5 miles from our high school at a local university and the girls beg to go back every year.  Maybe next year I can convince them!!

jaimesue
by Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I think the camp you choose depends on what you are looking for.  Personally, I grew up loving NCA and staffed for them, but NCA and my girls do not work well together...it totally stresses them out.  They do better with UCA because it's more laidback and less competitive...and they learn as much, just a bit different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)