Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new & Remodeling everything

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 8:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 278 Total Views
Hi, I'm Kim, a SAHM (til the house is done!!) to 5 month old daughter.  We have been remodeling since about November, unfortunately not due to choice.  When I was 8 months along, we were putting up wainscoat and spackling a few cracks in the baby's room wall when our house flooded.  No, we didn't have house insurance either, so we're on quite a limited budget and almost everything that has been done we have done the labor ourselves. 
    So far we have ripped everything out (big job, took almost a month) mold inhiobited, replaced drywall, painted, and we hired someone to replace the floor.  I got laminate instead of the carpeting I had.  Yuck.  Don't like it.  LOL.  It was horrible, and I lived with my best friend and her family for 3 months while our husbands and a few select others went to work, and came home at night to work on the house. 
    What we have left to do.  Repaint and put up all trim, paint baby's room and put carpet in there, drywall, texture, paint and floor the small 2nd bath, and the kitchen, which is the worst.  Still need all new cabinets, floors AND subfloor.  I guess I'm going to be one of those "permanent members" in here. 
    I would send pics of the before, and take some afters, but I can't bring myself to show anyone the pictures of when my house was being ripped apart when it flooded.  It was quite an experience.  Worrying about what color to paint the baby's room to basically EVERYTHING.  If anyone else has been doing this for a long time, and still will be, drop me a line, I'd love to know any advice I can get.
by on May. 18, 2007 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SuZQ
by Group Owner on May. 22, 2007 at 11:18 AM
OMG Kim, You sure have your work cut out for you guys! Please keep us posted. Hey, Don't worry about showing us before pics, they would actually inspire others in their projects. I love seeing B & A pics. Nobody will judge you here! Show us those pics, when it's finished you will be sooo proud of those pics!!!
 SuZQ
Steph75
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 1:15 PM
You are busy!  I'd love to see the befores and afters.  Don't be embarrassed, it's not your fault that it was flooded!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)