Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I'm a newbie

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 416 Total Views
My name is Stephanie.  I live in Illinois with my dh Jerry and our 3 kids.  We live on a farm, and have been renovating our 1874 farmhouse.  We have done and still have a ton of projects to do.  I was so happy to find a group like this, because it's nice to have someone else going through the same things as you to vent with!  lol 

We bought the house in 2000, and so far have gutted the kitchen, pantry, downstairs bathroom, back staircase,  a landing area that we made into our laundry room upstairs, our master bedroom, and we turned a little bedroom off of ours into a master bath. 

We are in the process of scraping the entire exterior to bare wood, sanding and painting.  We have 2 sections done, and another almost ready to prime and paint.  We have ripped off the ugly cement porch that was on the front of the house.  Two weekends ago, my husband started with the roof.  It's a complete tear off, and the original cedar shakes are still up there with about 3 layers of shingles over them.  We have one section done, and 5 sections to go.  Unfortunately, we've had a dry summer and as soon as we decided to tackle the roof, we've had rain every weekend!  lol

I'll be sure to share some pictures later!  I look forward to getting to know you.
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SuZQ
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2007 at 10:08 AM
Hi Steph75, I'm sorry, I haven't been a good administrator!!!
Welcome. How have ur projects been going on your home? Sounds like a lot of work, I'm glad to see you doing it yourself. Please post pics on this group, maybe the girls will start to participate. I'm guilty too!
Q

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN