• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indoor play area at a mall?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1482 Total Views

Hello everyone! Does anyone know of a mall that has an indoor play area for kids? Seems I've heard of one, but am clueless where to look. We're still new to the area, and since I'm a SAHM, I'm always looking for something like that for my little 3 1/2 year-old. We have no friends or family, so it's nice to get out and about! :o)  Thanks for your help!!!

~~~Aimee

Addendum: THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! We found it today, and since it was a cold and snowy day it was perfect. She tired her little self out and had a blast. I know what you mean about the older kid aspect. If I ever see anything dangerous to the little ones, I address it with the kids and/or their parents (if their even present). I have no problem asserting myself... :o) 

THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KeytarMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:28 PM

We're brand new to the area, too-- I have a son who will be 3 in March.  We walked through Colorado Mills mall the other day and it seemed there were some "kiddie activities," but I'm not positive about an actual play area.  At any rate, we'd be interested in it as well!

mommyneedssleep
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM

flat irons mall has a dinosaur indoor play area for little kids. its in broomfield and my son who is 4 loves it there

Wemi
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yeah we go down to flat irons on cold days such as today and my 20 month old loves it there and it only like 5 minutes up 36. We should setup a playdate there sometime. Just a suggestion.

Wemi & Isaiah
"the task ahead is never as great asthe power behind you"
mommyneedssleep
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Wemi:

Yeah we go down to flat irons on cold days such as today and my 20 month old loves it there and it only like 5 minutes up 36. We should setup a playdate there sometime. Just a suggestion.

sounds great to me.... my son loves playing with other kids no matter the age

bjcolo
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM
The flatirons mall play area is nice. My 16 month old loves it. It is located near the food court (by crate and barrel and old navy) I would avoid this place like the plague on the weekends...There are so many kids there it is not even funny. We went this past Saturday, and there were so many kids running around we did not stay long. Some parents even let their older kids play there (over the height limit) and they, the bigger kids, were running around with the smaller ones and I was afraid they were going to run over my son. During the work week when the older kids are in school it is a much better time to go. There are smaller kids(toddlers and crawlers) and you don't have to worry about them getting ran over by the older kids (that in my opinion should not be allowed to play in this area but I guess their parents don't like to follow rules). It is pretty clean for the most part. kids have to take off their shoes, they also have a stroller parking area. There is also an area with mini picnic tables with boxes of crayons and papers to color on. There are benches on one side of the play area parents can sit on.

Bridgett

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)