Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschoolers and food allergies...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

So I'm on a quest for an "allergy friendly" preschool class for my just-turned 3-year-old.  I wondered if anyone in this group had children who had food allergies/need to carry Epi-pens and if anyone could suggest a "peanut-free" school?  Is there such a thing out here?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
JennyVirginia
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM

My son goes to the public preschool and there are 2 kids in his class with peanut allergies.  We got a letter telling us to not send in snacks with peanut/peanut products in them.  We get a monthly reminder to send in snacks and it always states on there "remember not to send in products with peanuts."  When I've been in the classroom they have a poster with pictures of all the kids with allergy info next to them so if there is a sub and both kids wear a necklace made by the teacher and it has written on it "I have an allergy to peanuts."  There are 3 teachers in the classroom - a main teacher and 2 aides and they do a good job of informing all the students.  My son is aware of the 2 kids who have peanut allergies & knows they can't eat peanuts.  Other than that I'm not aware of any peanut free or allergy friendly preschools.  Sorry - good luck in your search.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)