Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Group and needing a friend

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

I know its hormones but Im having a terrible day.. I thougt being pregnant would be fun but it seems like all the fun is being taken away because I am a plus size woman.. Im 9 weeks and a 22/24 which I never thought was terrible..I work out 3 times a week, try and eat healthy, don't smoke or drink.. I don't even drink pop.. I has my blood pressure checked today because they said it was to high and today it was 138/84 which they said is to high.. But honestly thats all I can think about now its to high and I will get preclampsia. Im supposed to go tomorrow and have it check but I just feel like at this point either medicate me or leave me alone because your just making it worse.. All I wanted was 9 months of nothing major.. :(

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sara0530
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM

138/84 is high, but its not OMG you are going to die high.  Try to relax.  I know my BP was always higher if the doc said before, "lets see if your BP is high today."  Most of the time the nurse would come in after the visit and take my BP again and it would be back down to normal range.  If you are all worried about, when you go back its going to be high from stress.  Try to relax, take a nice lukey warm bubble bath and read a good book.  Everything will be fine.  Our bodies are designed to grow babies so barring any true MEDICAL emergencies, you (and your baby) will be just fine. 

Good luck and keep us updated!

bbwmommy
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Hi and welcome.I agree with the previous poster that the reading may have been high but it isn't extreme.I know it is hardd to relax when you go to the doctor and you worry your pressure will be high.I use to have the same problem that every time I went to the doctor my pressure would be up.Also I am not sure about the size of your arms but with being plus-size I have to make sure they use a larger blood pressure cuff so they get a proper reading.So if you have bigger arms ask them to make sure they use a larger cuff.I was a size 26 when I got pregnant and my pressure has been very good when they use the right size cuff.Let us know how things go and if yoou need us we are here.

Stephanieangel

arctophile
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Relax.  Everything will be fine.  Many of us in the group have had very healthy pregnancies!  You and baby will be great.  You can PM me anytime you want to talk and I'd be happy to add you as a friend!

armywife117
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I would ask them to take it after the visit. everyone gets nervous and anxieous. my moms blood pressure was 180/130 for yrs and they never did anything, she did have a heart attack 2 wks ago. she is doing fine now, and i actually saw it 130/88 and i said, wow, i havent seen it that low in yrs! every one was happy!!

just let them know you always get nervous at dr. appts and that your blood pressure goes up a bit.

i am sure you will be fine! relax, after the first exam, its easy till the last month!

22wks, 4 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)