Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthdays coming up!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Has anyone started thinking about their soon-to-be-six-year-olds' birthdays? I threw Neil a big Halloween birthday party last year. This year its going to be a dino cake made by myself and my husband and a pile of presents. That's it! There's so much to enjoy about October with Halloween and apple picking and such. It is going to be nice to enjoy it without being stressed out over a big party. On the otherhand, I can't believe that my big baby is turning six already. Where is the time going? He's starting kindergarden in a few weeks too. Exciting times!

Spay and neuter your pets! Rescue don't breed!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cassandra316
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Yup. We're already planning Robbie's party. We have 2 October babies, so we combine the parties. I'm thinking that this year since they will both be in school (Robbie K and his brother pre-k) we may do a small party with 2 - 3 friends each and then a family party. Both parties will be Dinosaur themed... they are really into dinosaurs this year, especially the land before time ones! And no, I can't believe he's going to be six and starting Kindergarten in two weeks.!

Videokinggirl
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I usually start planning his party in July!  People think I am insane but sometimes I need that long - I really dont know what to do this year - I dont have alot of money and last year we let him invite his class but only 5 came which was fine with me.  It is hard cause the weather usually sucks when I have his party - I am thinking of maybe going somewhere like an apple orchard or pumpkin farm this year!  Doing donuts, cider and cake! Sounds good for me.  Hopefully the weather will be nicer this year and not rain!

DREWSMOM1021
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I've been stressing over my little man's birthday all summer. We've always done big parties (since we have a HUGE extended family) and it gets pretty expensive. This year the moneys just not there, so we're going to have to do something smaller. I wanted to just take him and a friend to Disneyland but he doesn't want to. He keeps going back and forth on whether or not he wants a party or just to go somewhere simple (John's Incredible Pizza / Chuck E Cheese) with a friend or two. His main concern is that he gets his Nintendo DS. Can't believe my baby's turning six already =(

konsmomma
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I am too in the boat on being undecided about what to do for my lil mans birthday!  We have gone to Ci Ci's for the past two years and he loves it...his favorite place!  Last year we did a baseball cake and the year before was spongebob.  I have no clue what to do this year.  He loves soooo much.  He is such a busy lil man. 

We will probably invite some friends from his class and just hit ci ci's again...I'm thinking of doing an ice cream cake or a popcorn cake this year because he's not really into cake cake and we always end up with so much left over.  And theme I have NO clue!! 

And my gosh I had a horrible time when he started kindergarten.  Being pregnant my horomones are like AHHHH so the smallest things make me cry...I hope I can hold it together for his birthday...lol.

Considering his birthday is a month and 3 days away I guess I better on the move!!

"Better to be an old mans sweetheart, then a young mans slave"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)