• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacaville Mommy!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Hi ladies:)

My name is Becky, and I live in Vacaville. I would LOVE to meet some local friends. I am soooo lonely now that I'm out of the workforce. I was spoiled for a long time, as a military wife. We had great times, getting together to scrapbook or even just to make homemade kamikazi's. I miss having that level of comfort.

So, if any of you is from my area, and would like to meet someone to hang out with, let me know!:) My best friends (who live in Los Angeles and Oregon) swear I am a fantastic friend!!:) References if needed! heheh

I have 3 boys, ages 15, 11, and 2, all have birthdays coming up:) I've also helped to raise 3 teenage girls (long story) so I'm pretty well rounded on that one. I'm an only child though, so my friends tend to be more like sisters. I dont have many friends, but the ones I have, I'd hand the knife to and turn my back, I trust them that much. It would be nice to meet one I could LITERALLY do that with:)

Anyway.. back to emailing my other friends. Oh.. interesting tidbit.. I met BOTH of them on CM:) It's a good place for us moms:)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cutiepie_1286
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM
I'm in Napa Valley and my husband is former military as well. What branch of the service was your husband in?
Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
mystica97
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I was an Army wife:) Stationed in Stuttgart Germany, then Darmstadt Germany, then Fort Bliss (El Paso Tx) and then Ft Hood (Killeen, TX). I loved it! I don't miss my exes, but I really do miss the girlfriends. There is something about having that same situation, being away from biological family, that makes the relationships closer. I had girlfriends that were much much closer to me than a sister could have been.

I divorced because my husband was sleeping with some of my friends though, so I guess I need to remind myself it wasn't ALL peaches and cream! But there just was something about the girlfriends that I spent so many friday nights with, while our hubbies were out on field exercises, and we scrapbooked, or drank, or watched movies. It was a lifestyle, not just a job. Now that I am a stay at home mom again, I really get lonely sometimes, and that is hard.

Hmmm Napa.. that's not too far away at all! We go out there to get malfatti from the liquor store! (for those who don't understand that comment.. lol. There used to be a restaurant called "The Depot" in Napa. It was italian, and FABULOUS. They closed, and the chef, who used to make malfatti, which are kind of the inside of raviolis, couldn't find a place to work. A liquor store owner decided to create a kitchen at his store, and lease it to the chef, so now, there is a liquor store where you take your own container, and you pick up whatever you want, they pack your container, and you get a fabulous italian dinner!:) We go there every couple months:)

cutiepie_1286
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM
My husband always talks about that chef and his food! I haven't tried it yet though. My husband was in the Marines and stationed down in Southern California. I made a few good friends that were wives of my husband's coworkers. Do you live near the outlets in Vacaville?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)