Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Your Child/ Children's Father's Family Accept Them?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
Hey Ladies,
My question to you all is: Does your child/children's father's family accept them? Speak on it. Thanks.
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DuncanNatesMom
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM
For me its like the white side of the family usually doesnt accept it. Im white my sons father is black. They were better with it. My family has come around over the last couple years but it wasnt easy. They are racist though.

Elizabeth
momaj
by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM
Yes, my son's fathers side of the family has been great. It wasn't always that way though; they didn't even knew about our son until after he was born. And it was months & months later that he was introduced to any of his family (I guess our son was about 6months old). Since then they have been great.

jllcali
by on May. 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Yes.  My family accepts my daughter as well.  The only thing negative was my soon to be ex brother in law (my sister's husband) mad a comment to the effect that he felt sorry for my daughter because people were going to be mean to her because she's mixed race. I told him that thankfully, most people are not as ignorant and bigoted as he is.  

mueller_amanda
by on May. 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM

They say there excited but i have not seen or heard from any of them. I also know for a fact that my family struggles with it.

michelle856
by New Member on May. 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM

My child's father is not involved at all,  I don't think that his family even knows about my son.  My family adores Aaron.

joann167
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I'm white my daughter's father is black. His family is very accepting, it took my parents and relatives  some time before they were accepting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)