Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello All, Here is our story.

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 9:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
Hello Everyone,

Wow, my story can be pretty long so I am going to copy and paste the whole story from a bulletin of mine, I hope thats ok with you all. I post this so others can read our testimony of how the Lord has work miraculously in our lives. So here it is.

Originally Posted May 3, 2007 - Thursday
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. This blog is one that is very important and personal to me so please read and understand the blessings that the Lord has given us.

My story starts September 2nd 2003. My son, Duncan, was 3 months old at the time. I had just started back at school, and his father was off work so he watched him that day. The whole day I had an uneasy feeling and I didn't know why I was feeling so anxious.

After school before I went home, I took my mom home to Prague before I went back to where I lived in Shawnee. When we arrived at Save-A-Stop, I was told that someone from Unity North in Shawnee had called but they didn't know what for or who was they, they had just asked to speak to anyone from my family. So I called the hospital.

When I called they told me that my son, my newborn baby boy, had been brought in by ambulance. I immediatly started freaking out. I asked to speak to his father. I asked him what had happened. He told me that Duncan choked while drinking his bottle and stopped breathing and thats why he was there. I yelled at him and told him that babies don't just choke and stop breathing from drinking a bottle. He insisted that indeed that was what had happened. I had no other reason to question him at that point and simply tried to accept what he was saying.

So immediatly we hed over to Unity North in Shawnee. When I get there, the Doctor says he wants to talk to us in a private room, alone. On T.V. anytime they do that is to tell them that someone had died. So here I am freaking out thinking my baby had died. What he did tell us at that point was that my baby had massive swealing and blood on his brain and they already mediflighted him to OU Childrens Hospital.

After leaving there we hed up to Childrens. Where I see my poor innocent child, who the last time I seen was perfectly fine and full of live, with all kinds of wire hanging off of him and had a resperator. They had him heavily drugged so he couldn't feel the pain, which in turn stopped his breathing.

My son was in the hospital hanging on to dear life by a thread for a whole week before I finally knew what really had happened to my baby and who had done this. After extensive tests the nurse told me that my son not only had bleeding in his brain but he had Retinal Hemmoraging (Bleeding in his eyes). They told me that this type of damage could have only been done by someone who intentionally abused my child, and that he had SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME.

At first I automatically thought that the Daycare that he had just started going to was the one who hurt him. Hospital officials questioned both me and his father to see if one of us had did it. I told them there was no way that his father had done it, and that he loved him too much to do that.

By the end of that first week of my son being in the hospital, we went home to run some errand, pay some bills, and get some clean clothes. When we got home there was something on our door from DHS saying that they have put my son in protective custody and that we were to meet with them Monday morning at the Criminal Investigators office at the Shawnee P.D. We went and I still didn't think he had really done, but I did ask him a few times just to be sure because I didn't know who hurt my baby. They interviewed me for about 1 hr. Then they asked for his father to come in. It seemed like forever sitting out in the waiting room. Next thing I knew I saw the criminal investigator come out of the room and lock the door behind her. I thought Oh my God, what happened, oh no, no no. Then she came to me and told me that the father of my beautiful baby boy got frustrated from the crying and shook my baby to almost the point of Death. When she told me that, I immediatly screemed and cried and went into shock. So there i was a young 19 going on 20 year old mother with my whole life ripped away from me, and a son that I thought that would be damaged for the rest of my life.

Click on this link to view his Duncans fathers offender info and pics.

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=477330&offend
er_book_id=278890

Posted by †ElizabethJoan† on May 3, 2007 - Thursday at 3:31 PM
I went a whole week, with him in the room, holding Duncan. His father knew full well what he had done to our son while nobody else knew. He didn't look affraid or show any emotion that would look like he had been the one who was the perp. He actually slept really good that whole week. I was up all the time, in the room with my baby as much as possible. Oh, but God has been so good though he has brought us a mighty long way. When all that first happened, I felt like I was suffocating, you know? I litteraly felt like the end of the world was near. I had lost all hope for this life. But God is such a restorer. Man, Duncan at first had retinal hemmoraging, and he was going to have to get surgery done to remove the blood off of his retinas, but by the grace of God, when we went in to get him ready for surgery all traces of blood on his retinas had disappeared. Duncan did have really bad seizures, several a day. But in September of 2005, they stopped, Praise God!!! Up until that point he was at a newborn level in everything, he couldn't see well, couldn't focus on anything, he couldn't sit up or chew food, he couldn't hold a sippie cup, couldn't hold his own head up, or sit up, basically couldn't do anything but lie there, but that's when all of his development started to improve. By January of 2006, he started sitting up on his own, and chewing. He started to hold his own cup, and focus on people, and laugh, and I mean really laugh for the first time. He then started crawling by June of 2006. He just recently started walking on his own. He still gets distracted very easily, and tries to evert back to crawling every once in a while, and has a bit of a stagger, but Praise God, I know thats going to be corrected soon. I'm focusing now on him talking and for his understanding to catch up to his cronillogical age, He will be 4, June 4th. I am just praying over him that the same resurrection power that raised Christ from the dead is still alive and working. And I know that with everything that the Lord has restored already, he wouldn't just stop where he's at now, he's going all the way, cause God is a God of perfection. PRAISE GOD, HALELLULIAH!!!

Written April 16th 2008

Duncan is continuing to get better and better, now were just waiting on him to learn how to talk and for his cognitive understanding to catch up. COMPLETE HEALING AND RESTORATION!!!

Written July 4th, 2008

Duncan is continuing to get better. He still isnt talking yet, but he does make alot of sounds. He is getting into his terrible 2 stage and he climbs on everything, jumps off everything, and gets into everything he's not supposed to. He really keeps me on my toes. Duncan also went completely off all medications except for albuteral inhailer for asthma as of January 2008. So no more seizure meds. Praise God he hasnt had any problems since being off them. What a mighty and miraculous God we serve.
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
peppervalley
by Group Owner on Jun. 25, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Thank you so much for joining my group. I welcome you with open arms. I want to say that I commend you for being such a strong woman.And I know that has a lot to do with God. No one can't ever tell you their is no God because your son is living proof that God is real. Your son is beating the odds and will continue to do so.. I hope to hear from you again.
Take care.
momaj
by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 4:03 PM
WOW! I'm speechless and in tears! First, I am so sorry that you & your baby boy had to go thru this!! But how awesome that he has improved so much! Your story is a true inspiration!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)