Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:37 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

Ok, so long story short iv had seizures ever since i was 11, didnt get diagnosed till june 2009, but didnt know what they were because i thought they were my imagination.. cuz i have partial complex seizures but i also have micropsia.. (google it :D), anyway i feel so bad, my memory has gone to heck, at least 2x in dec iv forgotten how to sign my name, and then on friday.. i was sitting there (i had a tiny seizure a few minutes before) and i couldnt remember my daughters name.. well correction i COULD remember the name, i just couldnt remember who it belonged to.... i feel HORRIBLE about it, shes my daughter... how could i forget her name. I'm switching neurologists so hopefully this one is better, iv been on lamictal for about a year now because i was put on it first for bipolar.. anywayz.. do u guys know any meds that will help me.. idk maybe something i can suggest to the doctor.. im gonna beg and plead that i can get in either tomarrow or tuesday... any help or words of wisdom or advice or something will be helpful THANKS

by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LIZARD66
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Wow, I'm so sorry you're going through this! It sounds like you're making the first good move, though: finding another doctor. If you can, see about going to an epileptologist. They know a lot more about epi than generic neuros (who can also be very condescending and arrogant as well as "by the book").

Different meds are used for different types of szs, and there are many out there. Ask about them, and consider googling your szs and meds as well as checking epilepsy sites. Doing your homework and having intelligent questions for the doctor makes you a lot less likely to be taken for a ride.

huggingand good luck

LIZARD :)

43 yo mom with lifelong epilepsy and other neuro and autoimmune issues, and owner of Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. Self-advocacy is VITAL to your existence, and it saved my life! Any questions at anytime, please ask!! :)

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)