Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible seizure diagnosis and i'm really scared....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:03 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I've been having a lot of what i've been referring to as episodes for the last year and a half. It's late so I won't go into to great detail. But yesterday my Dr. told me he thinks these episodes are actually seizures. He is sending me out for testing to check, but until then it won't be confirmed. But I am honestly scared. I've never been scared by anything health wise in my entire life except these episodes and now the thought that they are seizures scares me even more and i'm not sure why...Anyone have any words of wisdom or advice on how to live a normal life if these are seizures? They've been getting worse and i've been having more, 1-4 a day usually. I'm just drained and scared and at the end of my rope. Thanks ladies.

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Daniel James September 21, 2009

by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LIZARD66
by Member on Mar. 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM

hugging I know for a fact myself that szs can be scary, but especially if they're smaller ones, just knowing what they are can give you a sense of empowerment and learn how to better control them and live with them.

I have always had epilepsy and am 43 yo. My smaller szs went on for 25 years before we even knew they were szs, and I would have them in huge clusters that made too sick to leave my bed--fever, nausea, vomiting, exhaustion, MONSTER headache.

The first thing to do is get tested, but be warned: you could certainly have a normal EEG and still have szs. I have had both normal and abnormal EEGs. Sometimes, longer monitoring (a day or two) is necessary, and even then, your results can be neg, even with sz activity. It may take awhile, but there are a lot of treatment options and meds. I have COMPLETE control of my szs (even the stubborn little ones) now, after trying several different meds, and I'm only on a small dose of med twice a day. :)

Please feel free to ask anything at anytime. I'm here for you, and you will get through this!

LIZARD :)

43 yo mom with lifelong epilepsy and other neuro and autoimmune issues, and owner of Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. Self-advocacy is VITAL to your existence, and it saved my life! Any questions at anytime, please ask!! :)

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)