Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel terrible

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 14 and was told that i might grow out of it. 5 years later i was told that because i didnt have a seizure in a long range of time that it was likely that i had grown out of it. i was taken off the medication. i havent had a seizure since i was 18 but a week after i brought my newborn home i had a warning, i lost control of my arms, and i dropped her. the doctor said she is fine but i am worried that there is some inside damage that can not be seen from the type of examination that was given to her. my mom said that i am worrying myself over nothing, that babies at her age were designed to fall but i'm still worried. should i be?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DDDaysh
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I can understand why you're scared.  I can't offer you even as much as the doctor can, but I will say this. 

When my youngest brother was only about a week old, my then 4-year-old brother accidentally stepped on him.  He actually used him as a spring board to get onto the couch (on accident), putting his full weight directly on his belly. 

We were obviously terrified, but the doctor told my parents my brother was fine, and he's almost 18 now! 

clarasmommy08
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM

With babies that young, they are mostly resilient. I can't tell you HOW many times my older niece dropped my younger niece or she rolled off the bed, and she is absolutely fine... annoying... but fine. I know how scary that can be. Before i found out my seizures were actually seizures, i had something like that happen but it was both my legs instead of my arms. and i dropped, luckily i stuck my knees out to catch my daughter but ya... its scary. Any new updates, hows your baby girl doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)