Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

August UFOs

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM
  • 56 Replies
  • 907 Total Views

Yep, it's now August.  School will be starting soon for the kids, well adults too. lol.  Show us what you having going on for projects.

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Life is kind of bad right now, so I've put my "must do" cross stitching to the side for a moment and I'm starting on this one for my youngest son as a way to just escape for awhile today before going back to the other ones.  I hope every-ones' day is truly blessed today.

**I'm going to change the pink to orange and some of the purple to red.  I leave the animal purple but the drawers I'll change to red.**

clockwatcher
by JoAnn on Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The pattern........

my progress...started working on this Saturday. Can anyone tell me why something that looks so simple to do cause so much of a headache? The completed flower took me forever to do, ripped it out twice because it didn't look right. It still doesn't look right to me but maybe after the backstitching you won't be able to tell!

michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Quoting clockwatcher:

The pattern........

my progress...started working on this Saturday. Can anyone tell me why something that looks so simple to do cause so much of a headache? The completed flower took me forever to do, ripped it out twice because it didn't look right. It still doesn't look right to me but maybe after the backstitching you won't be able to tell!

Hey!  My DD is doing this same pattern! 

Rhonda

shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM

How pretty!!  love it!  and yes simple usually means you'll-be-working-on-this-forever.  lol    :)

Quoting clockwatcher:

The pattern........

Happywith2girls
by Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

That's really sweet!  I'm sure it's going to look great.  I hope life gets better soon.  :)

Quoting shell3m:

Life is kind of bad right now, so I've put my "must do" cross stitching to the side for a moment and I'm starting on this one for my youngest son as a way to just escape for awhile today before going back to the other ones.  I hope every-ones' day is truly blessed today.

**I'm going to change the pink to orange and some of the purple to red.  I leave the animal purple but the drawers I'll change to red.**

Happywith2girls
by Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

That's so stinkin' cute!  I think your flowers are looking fantastic. 

Quoting clockwatcher:

The pattern........

clockwatcher
by JoAnn on Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Thanks! I picked this pattern out becaue it's called Sophie and my great-niece's name will be Sophia, less than a month to go.

Quoting Happywith2girls:

That's so stinkin' cute!  I think your flowers are looking fantastic. 

Quoting clockwatcher:

The pattern........

shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 12, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Not much here but I guess that's what happens when you are doing 3 projects at once!  LOL

BJsMommy04
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Wonderful projects. I know they will ALL look super when done. Looking forward to seeing more.
michiganmom116
by Crafty Rhonda on Aug. 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I've not made much progress on the wedding sampler -- question:  The pattern calls for backstitching all of the Celtic design (the green design on the bottom, the yellow band, the border)...do you think I could get away with NOT backstitching it or should I do it to define the pattern better?

and I'm including my DD's progress on the birth sampler (the same Sophia pattern as above) -- maybe this will motivate her to work on it more  LOL

Rhonda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)